PDA

View Full Version : My Microscope request leads to a new project

dpete9
08-23-2012, 02:40 AM
I have a friend who is a professor at the major college in Maastricht where I live. I sent him a request to see if I could borrow a microscope to check out some of my fish's poo for nasties. He said yes of course, under one condition, he gets to write an article on it.
oh my, my, my my.. wonder what kind of an article he will make from discus poo.. :p

flexo248
08-23-2012, 08:24 AM
what a poopy job ...hehe....instead of poo you focus on the nasties. i think that would be more interesting .. good luck

Rod
08-24-2012, 03:02 AM
Awesome, i'll be interested in having a read. What does he teach specifically? :D

Discus-Hans
08-24-2012, 04:07 AM
Pete, are you a member of the Discus club??? If I remember well I donated a microscope for the members to use............ if they kept records who got it last, it should still be there?

Hans

dpete9
08-24-2012, 04:16 AM
Hey Hans, I'm not an official member there. I couldn't speak enough Dutch to save my life.. I'd be just sitting around listening to what sounds like this---->>> ggooooeeeeiiii hoooooda blaaagggggaaaa mmmmmoooorrgggen... And I'd be like WAT SEG JE!!! AUSJE?
Well I am a member of the Discus Club Holland forum but that's only because I can use google translate to translate everything. It's so quiet on that site though. on average 1 post per day.
On a side note.. Dutch people are very accommodating they'd gladly switch to English with ease if I asked them, but that would simply be rude.. " uhm can you all speak a different language than your native one, since I am just too dumb to learn Dutch.. ;-P

dpete9
08-24-2012, 04:25 AM
Awesome, i'll be interested in having a read. What does he teach specifically? :D
Rod as dumb as this might sound.. I haven't a clue!
I know they raise a lot of fruit flies and zebra danios for genetics experiments.

Rod
08-24-2012, 05:12 AM
No worries Pete. Not knowing is not dumb. Not knowing but pretending you do, well thats pretty dumb. :)

dpete9
08-24-2012, 05:57 AM
No worries Pete. Not knowing is not dumb. Not knowing but pretending you do, well thats pretty dumb. :)
I think he told me once they also experimented with the "glow in the dark fish" might be wrong and he always seems to be blowing smoke, hard to know what's true and what isn't from him.
I'll ask him what he teaches there.

x2h
08-25-2012, 08:01 PM
a paper about poop...geez...if it ain't Dutch, it ain't much! (kidding)