PDA

View Full Version : almost have everything ready too start

ronald sherman
08-24-2012, 03:47 PM
just a few querstion after ordering 2 packages of bacterial too start my tank and a half lb of SBH flake food growth from ihland empire discus btw a very great guy too deal with he went out of his way too look up on the interenet what ty;e of pump too use 4 water changes here is my question's he recommended highly danner supreme which is of course what i bought from a local store sure i paid way too much but anyway bought it as i was getting some knowledge from him, lol got the supreme classic model 3 hopefully some gyuy's have some knowledge it requires 1/2 NPT fitting for the output and hose i didn't buy anything yet as the local homedepot only had brass what type of fitting and hose are people using 4 this type of pump i had a idea just too buy plastic flexiable tubing and pushg it over the male thread's get a metel clamp tighten it and ready too go also i bought a 45 gallon heater and have many airstone and filter how many feet of tubing should this type of pump be able too pump my next question i'm setting this up in the living room what do most guy's do as far as hideing the trash can in the nearest closet which would be about 10 ft away too far would hate too keep it next too the tank as it be a eye soar also i read on this site about paiunting the bottom of the tank the outside of coourse any particular color and i remember reading about the back ground being inportant about what color it is because of specking too certain color discus?

shawnhu
08-24-2012, 06:59 PM
I attempted to read this to see if I can help, but after seeing not a single period in this mess of a paragraph, I stopped. I didn't even want to post and be rude, but I felt you should know that in long posts like yours, punctuation is a must!

Hope the next person has more patience than I do.

BobDaniel
08-24-2012, 08:39 PM
I gave up too. I would have failed English 101 had I written like that.

a volar
08-24-2012, 11:16 PM
-I have no experience with the pump you are mention, you can google it and you will find answer for your question, but I guess you can use thread fittings or just vinyl hose with a clamp as you mention.
-I don't use a trash can for water changes, so can't help either :)
-Bottom of tank you can painted white, sides can be blue or any pastel color you like.
** Last and very IMPORTANT recommendation is, as my fellow discus keepers above mention, use some punctuation here, will be better for you better for every one, JMHO :)

Trier20
08-24-2012, 11:51 PM
when you get clamps make sure they are stainless or plastic

Poco
08-25-2012, 12:00 AM
I gave up too. I would have failed English 101 had I written like that.

I attempted to read this to see if I can help, but after seeing not a single period in this mess of a paragraph, I stopped. I didn't even want to post and be rude, but I felt you should know that in long posts like yours, punctuation is a must!

Hope the next person has more patience than I do.

+1

dprais1
08-25-2012, 02:32 AM
I keep my trash can/ barrel about 30 feet from my tank. If the pump can pump h2o out of the tank then it should be big enough to pump it in. I have no problemms.

Paint the botom of your tank a light color. Mine is white and everything shows up. a tan or terra cotta color should be fine. even pastel colors would be fine just light.

back depends on the type of fish. PB fish usually get darker with dark backgrounds and non PB fish can get darker as well but don't show peppering.
Mine is black and I don't have an issue with peppering and I don't mind the fish being a little darker, so make of that what you will.

I'd be carefull about putting a barrel full of 80+ degree water with air bubbling through it in a confined space such as a closet. Humidity and heat willprobably cause mold problems unless you have good air circulation