PDA

View Full Version : Adult Live Brine Shrimp in Nashville area?

BobDaniel
08-31-2012, 01:09 AM
I have been looking around Hopkinsville, KY and Clarksville, TN for some live adult brines shrimp. Does anyone near Nashville know of a place selling them?

Adult brine were a favorite to feed my discus and I'd like this batch to experience them too now that they are big enough!

Foster and Grant sells them and ships, but the price makes me look for local sources.

I might try raising some myself if I need to.

fdlacy
08-31-2012, 11:46 AM
Aquatic Critter on Nolensville Rd. has a good supply and cheap.

http://www.aquaticcritter.com/

Cheers,
Darren

BobDaniel
08-31-2012, 03:18 PM
Thank you Darren! The next time we are in Nashville, we'll check it out.

BobDaniel
09-19-2012, 05:23 PM
We finally were in Nashville and stopped by Aquatic Critter after our doctor's appointment. I have to say this is perhaps the cleanest and nicest aquarium shop I've ever been in. We spent about an hour looking at all the displays. I was happy to see they had two 100 gallon class aquariums with Han's Discus in them. The two blue diamonds looked pretty nice. he smaller fish in the second tank looked like they were about to stunt as the eyes were starting to get too big in proportion to the body for my taste. I will make the supposition that they don't feed them during the day in case one was to sell, but that is speculation of my part. This was the most discus I've seen in a retail setting in a long time.

They are big on keeping the tanks clean. There were at least five people performing tank maintanance and water changes!! I have never seen so many people dedicated to spotless aquariums.

They had adult brine shrimp. I got ten bucks worth for my 7 discus and they have been feasting on them on and off all afternoon.

I was hoping the shop had glassworms, mosquitoe larve, and grammarus but they were out of all those frozen foods.

In all, it was a very impressive shop and I'll be sure to return when I am in town.

fdlacy
09-20-2012, 12:23 AM
Bob:

I am glad this worked out for you. Aquatic Critter is my normal fish store so i am a little spoiled. Most people don't believe you that you have a good one. I still QT of course, but they generally have good stock.

Take care,
Darren

BobDaniel
09-20-2012, 07:24 PM
I was tempted to buy a couple of water lettuce plants while there. I am waiting for some PP to arrive...so next month I'll probably grab some then.

fdlacy
09-20-2012, 09:41 PM
Bob:

I almost buy plants every time I am there. They do have snails in a lot of their planted tanks, so definitely would need to give them a good dose of PP and/or bleach if you dont want them in your tank too. The other option would be to wait for Josie to get some more assassin snails, that would take care of it too :-)

Darren