PDA

View Full Version : My order from Aquariumplants.com

Elliots
09-07-2012, 11:30 AM
I just received my order on time. I ordered: Aponogeton crispus 4 plants all very nice 8-14"
A. boivninanus 2 plants both very nice 10-20"
A. madagascariensis (Lace plant) 2, one very nice, one with only two smallish leaves.
A. ulvaceus ordered 4 plants received 4 BULBS
Corkscrew Val bunch of 10 very nice 6-10"
Jungle Val bunch of 10 not so nice, few shoots(Leaves?) up to 20" long.
I live in NYC. If I could find all these and purchased them the prices would be over double. (Including the $38 overnight shipping charge) I was very happy with most of the order. I was disappointed with one lace plant, the Jungle Val and the Ulvaceus bulbs. I did not complain, I still got a bargin. If the bulbs do not produce plants I will complain. Would I order from them again, maybe but I would ask what the plants look like before shipping.

Elliots
09-07-2012, 03:31 PM
If anyone reads this post carefully I originally estimated the lengths. I went back and measured and update the lenghts

Oscarsx
09-07-2012, 03:46 PM
I ordered a few plants from them when i started scaping.. then I found the planted tank's SnS. you wont get anything better than our own member's plant trims. You actually get healthy plants at a very cheap price, give it a shot next time.

- Oz

decoy50
09-07-2012, 04:10 PM
Complaining to that company will probably do you little good - their customer service is a joke. I had a bad expeience with them about four months ago on a substrate purchase. They will never get another dollar from me!

Elliots
09-08-2012, 07:13 AM
Oz, I hope I won't order from them again or for a long time. As usual I overdid my order. I have too many plants in my tank. I will give them a few months to grow in and then I will rearrange them. I will probably move them closer together to give the Discus I will buy in about two months more room to swim. I am not really sure exactly what my plants will look like when they grow out. Prior to this order I bought 4 18-24" Sword plants at my LFS. They almost fill the back of my tank-60" length.
I am sure they will fill it up as they grow in. I use Flourish liquid and root tabs. No CO2. My tank is still cycling, I smell a little ammonia so I do not even test for it as I also have many small fish. I only have 96 watts of T5 bulbs but
I have another 96 watts coming from Kens Fish. The lights (30") have two bulbs and individual switches. Each of four reflectors will have 1X T5 HO 670K and 1X 10KK white. I can go to any multiple of 24 Watts I want.