PDA

View Full Version : having 8 of kenny's fish on the way

ronald sherman
09-07-2012, 04:37 PM
and getting the last few thing's done as i'll have a surgery next week and will only have a few day's. My only question at the point is how inportant is the color the bottom of the tank and side is painted? I've painted the bottom using a rust-oleum spray paint gloss made too be painted on glass surfaces as the store showed me now the sides they didn't have many color too choice so before painted the color i bought already as time isn't that much a issue it dryies within 1 hr, i bought the same brand rust-oleum titanium silver almost a silver grey. The fish i ordered are 2-shooting star leopard, 2-checkboard turq,2-HB/ builddog checkerboard pigeon,1-albino red clover, 1-tiger carnation thx's so much 4 everyone help.

ExReefer
09-07-2012, 04:59 PM
It's not that important to have the sides painted, but I prefer the look and it can help keep the fish more secure. The bottom should be painted. The colors should be light so the fish (excluding the albino) do not darken up. You can use poster board instead of paint for the sides. I use light blue poster board for the sides on my grow out tank.

MKD
09-07-2012, 05:12 PM
since you have PB type, you need light color otherwide it will create peppering.

BobDaniel
09-08-2012, 12:32 AM
I set my tanks on the unprinted side of 1/2 inch blue styrofoam board I get at Lowes. I can use this stuff on the back and sides, too. This way should I ever decide to sell the aqauarium, it won't turn off a potential buyer. The styro is a nice light blue and displays the fish nicely and you have the advantage of this setup helping level the tank in the event of small inconsistencies in the stand.