PDA

View Full Version : Are all freeze dried california black worms the same?

drew22to375
09-10-2012, 01:26 AM
Are all of the freeze dried black worms pretty much the same. I've noticed several companies selling the freeze dried California black worms some of the prices are half the cost as others. Was wondering if they are the same.

brewmaster15
09-10-2012, 07:44 AM
Drew,
Only Two companies produce Freeze Dried Blackworms...One is located in California,(California Blackworm Company). One is located in Australia (Australian Blackworms). Both of these sellers are sponsors here and reputable. Each of those companies sells Direct to customers and each of them has resellers... Some of which are also sponsors. This is why prices are all over the place.

As in all things you will have some customers that will say one is better than the other, some will buy based on price, others will factor in other factors. I beleive its up to the customers to decide for themselves whether one is "better" or if all the same..I personally never believe a products hype, I try it myself and decide.

I would suggest you look at the various sponsors here that sell them...and read their reviews and try them yourself....make your own decision.

As a disclaimer...I have tried to be fair in this answer, but I am admittedly biased...I import Freeze Dried Australian Blackworms from the Producer in Australia and resell them thru my online Store (Aquaticsuppliers.com) as a part time business and to help support this Forum as its owner....I have been doing this now for the last 2 1/2 years. You can read more about this here...
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?96143-An-Introduction-here....Who-exactly-is-AquaticSuppliers.com

I hope that helps.
Al Sabetta
SimplyDiscus LLC

Skip
09-10-2012, 07:55 AM
Are all of the freeze dried black worms pretty much the same. I've noticed several companies selling the freeze dried California black worms some of the prices are half the cost as others. Was wondering if they are the same.

op.. i don't know if nutionally they are the same.. or not..

both are freeze dried black worms..

however.. at the moment.. i am feeding my fry and adults.. BOTH blackworms from Al and Dan.. :) :)

great products.. you can't go wrong with either

Donno
09-10-2012, 12:31 PM
Having tried both the California and Australian worms I am biased towards the Australian worms. The California worms I tried seemed to have some larger worms that my fish would take turns eating and spitting back out and eventually they wound up on the tank bottom for me to vacuum out.

I would try both and see which one they prefer if any.

DanCBW
09-10-2012, 04:47 PM
Their the same species, Lumbriculus variegatus
as in http://www.eeob.iastate.edu/faculty/DrewesC/htdocs/Lvgen4.htm (http://www.eeob.iastate.edu/faculty/DrewesC/htdocs/Lvgen4.htm)
lots of great info here.
Raised and processed very similarly.

Dan

FOLLOW THE ARROWS ->->->->->-> http://aquaticfoods.com/FreezeDriedBlackwormsMembers.html

SAVE IT, ITS FOR ALL FORUMS WE'RE ON AND FORUM MEMBERS AND NOT PUBLISHED.
Now available, two sizes if Loose Freeze Dried Blackworms, Small & Large Cubes and our Flats.
REMEMBER SHIPPING IS ALWAYS FREE!

shrimper
09-12-2012, 07:10 AM
I have been feeding Aussie blackworm to all my fish last few years and they "simply" love them.

Aussie black worms are not mentioned here often but in various Australian forums they are they are spoken of very highly.

to be fair I haven't tried CBW but im sure both are grown to high standards.

I am an Aussie so supporting my fellow country man :)

drew22to375
09-12-2012, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the information everyone. I'll just give them all a try. The ones I was referring to are all sponsors here.

Skip
09-12-2012, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the information everyone. I'll just give them all a try. The ones I was referring to are all sponsors here.

Al.. sells Mal's Blackworms.. from Australia..

brewmaster15
09-12-2012, 03:55 PM
I have been feeding Aussie blackworm to all my fish last few years and they "simply" love them.

Aussie black worms are not mentioned here often but in various Australian forums they are they are spoken of very highly.

to be fair I haven't tried CBW but im sure both are grown to high standards.

I am an Aussie so supporting my fellow country man :)

Hi Shrimper,
Aussie Blackworms are what I sell here :) ..you can read about that here...http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?96143-An-Introduction-here....Who-exactly-is-AquaticSuppliers.com

thanks,
al

krislewis3
09-17-2012, 06:14 AM
Drew,
Only Two companies produce Freeze Dried Blackworms...One is located in California,(California Blackworm Company). One is located in Australia (Australian Blackworms). Both of these sellers are sponsors here and reputable. Each of those companies sells Direct to customers and each of them has resellers... Some of which are also sponsors. This is why prices are all over the place.
As in all things you will have some customers that will say one is better than the other, some will buy based on price, others will factor in other factors. I beleive its up to the customers to decide for themselves whether one is "better" or if all the same..I personally never believe a products hype, I try it myself and decide.I would suggest you look at the various sponsors here that sell them...and read their reviews and try them yourself....make your own decision.

As a disclaimer...I have tried to be fair in this answer, but I am admittedly biased...I import Freeze Dried Australian Blackworms from the Producer in Australia and resell them thru
my online Store (Aquaticsuppliers.com) as a part time business and to help support this Forum as its owner....I have been doing this now for the last 2 1/2 years. You can read more about this here...
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?96143-An-Introduction-here....Who-exactly-is-AquaticSuppliers.com

I hope that helps.
Al Sabetta
SimplyDiscus LLC

I have tried both, and the fish seem to like both! That being said, I find that the fdbw from Al, are easier for my discus to eat!! They are finer, therefore I dont see the fish having to continually spit them out, and try again! They get it down the first time!

shrimper
09-17-2012, 06:40 AM
Hi Al,

I am not sure if it is just me but there is no option for shipping to Australia?

Second Hand Pat
09-17-2012, 08:23 AM
Hi Al,

I am not sure if it is just me but there is no option for shipping to Australia?

Shrimper, drop Al a PM so he can answer your question. he may not see it here.