PDA

View Full Version : HMA filter question

Tommy Saville
09-12-2012, 06:23 PM
I want to remove traces of heavy metals which my tap water contains. I understand that the answer is a HMA filter. My searches have so far shown that HMA filters also remove chlorine and chloramides, but I already use a Moby filter what does that to my great satisfaction. It also feeds my Pozzani nitrate-remover filter. Is there a HMA filter that just removes the metals and doesn't remove chlorine etc? I could insert it after the Moby and keep the Pozzani as the last in the system. I can't see the point of having 2 chlorine filters doing the same job. It also seems that HMA filters have a flow-through of 2 litres a minute, fine for the nitrate remover filter but useless as a household chlorine remover. The Moby works are normal tap flow. I have a good plumber who also keeps fish, so any necessary plumbing is done correctly. Any comments and/or advice?

Tommy Saville
09-13-2012, 01:00 PM
Speaking with Pozzani today, I find that their DC600 unit does exactly the HM removal I'm looking for. I recommend this firm highly - they have a huge range of filters etc. incl. RO. So I solved my own problem ! lol