PDA

View Full Version : Video of my Fish Eating in the Morning

YSS
09-13-2012, 05:36 PM
Video is whitish because of lighting, I think. But I wanted to show how my fish are eating relatively peacefully during the feeding time. This was pellets and flakes feeding in the morning. I will try to get a better clip and post it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=UUeNHTpr15dzxszWCEcwRtMA&v=oz8ESsu9MMM

Wildcaught dutchman
09-14-2012, 04:37 AM
@YSS:Teh surely eat very peacefully.I have also wilds and then there are always two fishes who are fighting with the others.That is the reason why when I feed them i give them food all over the whole tank.:D

YSS
09-14-2012, 01:20 PM
Currently, only discus are chasing other discus away from the food, but it's not bad at all. Also, may be my discus have gotten used to the clown loaches, but they don't seem to be bothered by the loaches at all. We will see how the geos become as they get older, but since they are not very big, they are fine. When I had 6 large geos, they were definitely bothering the discus.

Larry Grenier
09-14-2012, 02:03 PM
Lookin good Yun! Looks like those angels are huge! Looks like you have quite a bio-load. Wkat kind of filtration wand water-changes do you do?

YSS
09-14-2012, 02:49 PM
Thanks, Larry.

The angles are getting bigger I think. They are Santa Isabella I got from Mark (Discus Origin) a few months ago. I have 12 discus, 4 angels, 10 good sized loaches, 4 geo altifrons, and a whole lot of cories, tetras, and plecos. The tank is 265G and I do about 80% water changes every 5 days or so. I would change more water with each water change, but my fish start freaking out when the water level gets too low. I have 4 cannisters going. FX5, XP-4, Eheim and Cascade. Forgot the model number for the last two, but they are similarly sized to XP4 or fluval 405.

TNT77
09-14-2012, 02:56 PM
None of my tanks are ever that peaceful to feed especially in the morning...your lucky to come out of the tank with fingers intact here.
Really do love those angels and Ive always been a geo fan.

YSS
09-14-2012, 04:12 PM
None of my tanks are ever that peaceful to feed especially in the morning...your lucky to come out of the tank with fingers intact here.
Really do love those angels and Ive always been a geo fan.

Don't put my fingers in the tank unless I am feeding the freeze dried blackworms. :) They do get a bit more rowdier when they know I am about to feed them the worms. Yes, I love the angels with my discus. I am very happy I got them. My only regret is not getting a couple more when I had the chance.