PDA

View Full Version : wtb good mix of discus

jordan5
09-18-2012, 11:02 PM
Ok after a long time researching and debating discus I'm wanting to buy some but is it possible to get 6+ (8 would be nice) for around $100 shipped. I'm on a budget so that's a lot for me to spend but is it even realistic to want some at that price?????
They would grow out in a bb 40gallon tank then moved to a 75 gallon planted tank as they got older.(read about not having them in a planted grow out tank) I would also love a good variety of colors the bright blues and greens are my favorites but I want a rainbow mix if possible. Please let me know if I'm not being realistic with my budget, if i'm way off I will just have to wait and save up for a few months. Anyways any advice will help thanks so much.

Bill63SG
09-18-2012, 11:10 PM
You are waaaay off.You couldnt find that for that price with local pick up.I'm selling 6 for $100 fry,to find a mix is nearly impossible.

TNT77
09-18-2012, 11:19 PM
Shipping is around $60 minimum for overnight so that only leaves $40 for the fish. Perhaps you should look local for that price or save for a bit longer.

jordan5
09-19-2012, 12:55 AM
Ok so what would be a good deal on 6-8 shipped? I have looked quite a bit and found some for a mix of 6 for $90 but the shipping was over $100, I was just hoping I could find a deal like that with a good shipping price. I can go somewhat over $100 if I really needed to. And does shipping have to be over night I've gotten angelfish before with just priority shipping and they are pretty delicate to and they were perfectly ok.

jordan5
09-19-2012, 12:58 AM
Also I would love to buy locally but here in Utah I haven't found any luck finding breeders.......of anything really besides African cichlids.

Skip
09-19-2012, 01:07 AM
kenny has 10 2" Blue Diamonds.. $180 shipped

jordan5
09-19-2012, 01:51 AM
kenny has 10 2" Blue Diamonds.. $180 shipped
Ok where do I find that ad/kenny. And thanks so much for telling me about it. I could maybe possibly be able to budget for that much, maybe. And is it pretty much not going to happen in this price range to get a good rainbow mix of discus????

Skip
09-19-2012, 01:54 AM
Kenny Discus is in Sponsor section..

jordan5
09-19-2012, 02:23 AM
Kenny Discus is in Sponsor section..
I looked there and I might just be totally missing it but I am not seeing an ad for that.......sorry for all the questions

TNT77
09-19-2012, 02:59 AM
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?98846-Simply-Auction-PREVIEW-of-Sept-2012-Forrest-shipment-%28Price-list-included%29

jordan5
09-19-2012, 03:19 AM
Oh wow lol I looked at that whole thread and somehow missed the one paragraph that I was suppose to find lol thanks

Skip
09-19-2012, 07:32 AM
Oh wow lol I looked at that whole thread and somehow missed the one paragraph that I was suppose to find lol thanks

The first paragraph is always hardest to find

Keith Perkins
09-19-2012, 07:56 AM

Skip, Skip, Skip, be nice to the newbie. They're probably a future NADA member.

jordan5
09-19-2012, 03:27 PM
Lol hey now to be fair that's not the very first paragraph, I read that one then just kind of skipped to the price list and missed the one spot I needed to read. I'll admit not my finest hour :p

Skip, Skip, Skip, be nice to the newbie. There probably a future NADA member.
Lol thanks I can take a joke.......if it was meant as a joke if it wasn't lol I guess I'm to slow to catch on to that as well as missing important paragraphs. But really it was a very small paragraph though, so easy to miss ;)

Skip
09-19-2012, 03:31 PM
Lol hey now to be fair that's not the very first paragraph, I read that one then just kind of skipped to the price list and missed the one spot I needed to read. I'll admit not my finest hour :p

Don't worry.. i look at the pictures on sponsor pages first also

DiscusDrew
09-19-2012, 09:46 PM
Shipment is sold out, but in general I would rather most people new to this hobby not try to "budget" quite to that degree. I would prefer most save and buy them slightly larger as there will be more margin for error (discus always have a small margin for error so this is a relative statement). Just a recommendation. I have never seen people done wrong by being patient, saving for what they want/what they are capable of handling, and then making the investment necessary to start their adventure into discus. I would say $100 is way off target, just in my opinion and recommendation for someone starting out.