PDA

View Full Version : What to do with my other 55 gal ...

chipmunk636
10-08-2012, 09:57 AM
So i started my discus tank 2 month ago and i am completely in love , compared to other fish i kept !I have aother 55gal with a single sanchezy piranhas that i will sell and do another discus tank .

Their is a new add on the local site that show lots of nice looking fishs of all size , so today i want to visit the seller to see them , my question is what would you do for a second tank, since my first 55 has now 6 pigeons blood , i like the orange look a lot but just want something different , i have question about size also , my 6 pb( 3-4") are very agressive to each other , mainly the bigger one bully everyone , so i want to know if this habbit go away when they get bigger ?

So if iam right i should not go below 6 if they are 4" or less, but ca i go like 4 if they are 5" and 2 if they are 6" ,( i throw number without knowing )just want to make sure i make a good decision , i can't afford 6 x 100$ fish so that why i ask !

My plan is getting like 6-8 3" fish like turquoise or similar colored fish, im still unsure also if i want the same look of all or a mixed shoal , but right now i love the look of same species in shoal .

it will be a show tank in my saloon , with sand and rocks .

here is my pb tank
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s519/flatspin636/002-5.jpg

and the other tank i want to add discus

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s519/flatspin636/053.jpg

any idea is greatly appreciated !!

chipmunk636
10-08-2012, 11:03 AM
I just called the guy, he seems to know is stuff , more tha my initial seller , i will go take a look at is collection .

he said the arrivage is new from malaisie in superb condition !

bogia99
10-08-2012, 12:14 PM
both are nice tanks ... you are gonna need a lot more red buckets to change water for both tanks :)

ps: have you consider a nice pair just for the 2nd tank ?

chipmunk636
10-08-2012, 12:26 PM
Yeah thats an option , im leaving right now to take a look at them , it will be hard to just take a look !!!
as i know i will stop at the bank for some cash in hand in case of lol

update tonight when i will be back !!!

chipmunk636
10-08-2012, 07:25 PM
As expected , it was imossible to me to just take a look at what he got , i came back with 5 fish of about 5.5" for 80$ each and he gave me 4 of my choice in the 2" rangelike what my other guy sold me 35 each , so im happy for 400 i got 9 healty looking fish that act way better than my pb , less skittish , bread lots slower.

I just added the 4 little to the pb tank and the 5 bigger in their new 55 gal home tank .

i will add pic ater for fish ID and comments , my camera battery in on the charge .

He also has about 10-15 perfect looking discus of at least 6" in another tank for 150$ each but he was bargainable so thats cool , that's cheaper than everything i ca found for now !

chipmunk636
10-09-2012, 01:17 PM
I made a little vid since i can't get good picture of them right now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh25JN-ukrA

Can someone ID those fish , the light play a lot in their coloration , the are turquoise with no light and because light to almost white under heavy light , i will try different light combo for sure !!

chipmunk636
10-10-2012, 07:43 PM
anyone for the identification ??

tiger turquoise or something else?

Trier20
10-11-2012, 03:59 AM
I've seen this strain somewhere before on a website. They said they had been working on it for a while. I believe they were from Canada. I can't recall if they are a sponsor on here or not. I know pretty vague but it might help in searching. If I find it ill send you a pm.

chipmunk636
10-11-2012, 08:04 AM
Alright thanks Trier20 , i tought it was a common pattern color !