PDA

View Full Version : Strange Discus Behaviour

ksuyen
10-09-2012, 04:14 AM
One of my Discus acts strangely since last night. It kept by itself in the corner, facing upward - staring at the driftwood. No visible injured, bulging or white poo, although it has a small sore on its side from the fight month ago. The sore never healed. It looks like a white open sore on its skin - but never bothered the fish at all so far. Even stranger still, the other Discus avoid it and kept a certain distant. It has never been the dominant one, but today it looks totally submissive although the color is as brilliant as ever. Beautiful.

I have 6 adult Discus in 75g tank. Other fish includes a pair of breeding Kribensis, a single BGK and a single Royal Whiptail. I have removed the BGK to another tank.

I have kept all of them for 2 years (except BGK which is only 6 months). Nothing strange ever happened in these 2 years. Water quality is always good, with partially 30% changes once a day.

Eddie
10-09-2012, 07:17 AM
Might need to isolate the fish to a hospital tank for better observation. A picture would be good also. And since this does seem related to possible infection, maybe posting the disease/treatment section and fill out the disease questionnaire.

ksuyen
10-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Good news, it swims with the others again this morning. I guess it's just a temporary mood ;)