PDA

View Full Version : New Discus pair breeding

Dlprice45
10-10-2012, 08:44 PM
Hi,
I believe I have a pair of discus pair in my tank. This is their first time laying. One is laying the eggs but the other one is not fertilizing them in fact he may be eating them. will this change after a awhile. They are still locking lips and fighting at times and I dont know if I just need to be patient and see if they will work together or later or not. They seem to be a pair and cleaned the area together but they are not in sink yet. Please advise.

Larry Bugg
10-10-2012, 09:29 PM
You will have to just wait and see. Two females will clean an area together. No guarantee until you have wigglers.

Dlprice45
10-12-2012, 02:26 AM
Yah Im gonna waite and see. I read some earlier post that sometimes it takes a while for them to be successful. i know the female laying is older. But they are now the same size. Well lets cross my fingers and hope I get some results. Time will tell. I have had pairs in the past but I took a 10yr break away and now just went back to it and learning all over. Looking forward to getting more in the future. Want to purchase about 4 more yellows and reds.