PDA

View Full Version : Is he sick?

quangfee
10-11-2012, 05:08 PM
Hi everyone, is this white slimy feces indicating hexamita (or spironucleus)
DISEASE QUESTIONNAIRE

Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish/when and how they started
I saw this white feces were floating in the tank few days ago. I don't remember exactly

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/ white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds)
He's fine, eat well, acts normal

3. What medications/ treatments that you have already tried and results. Include dosages and duration of treatment.
No med yet, planning to isolate him from the group

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and age, number and size of fish
125 gallon, 3 months
8 Discus from 2.5 to 3"

5. Water change regime/ how long has tank been running/ bare bottom or gravel/ do you age your water?

6 Parameters and water source;

- temp _____85

- ph _____7.8

- ammonia reading ____0

- nitrite reading ____0

- nitrate reading ____0

7. Any new fish/plants added recently
Nothing added for the past 7 days
Just remove all the plants and wood

Thank you

BobDaniel
10-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Since they are eating, you might want to consider making up some metronidazole laced beefheart and feeding that twice a day for ten days.to the group.

Teshi
10-11-2012, 05:45 PM
You may want to complete the questionnaire a bit further. Like your water change regime, is it a bare bottom, what are your water parameters...etc.

Eddie
10-12-2012, 06:04 AM
I wouldn't worry about it. If the fish is eating and behaving normal, don't fret.

quangfee
10-12-2012, 08:03 AM
Since they are eating, you might want to consider making up some metronidazole laced beefheart and feeding that twice a day for ten days.to the group.
Thank you, is that the regular frozen beffheart that sell at lps?

quangfee
10-12-2012, 08:09 AM
You may want to complete the questionnaire a bit further. Like your water change regime, is it a bare bottom, what are your water parameters...etc.
Sorry, I forgot to answer number #5
Water change daily 40% to 50%
sand is substrate
age water for 24 hrs, at least overnight.
Thank you

quangfee
10-12-2012, 08:12 AM
I wouldn't worry about it. If the fish is eating and behaving normal, don't fret.
Great, thanks Eddie, I will not