ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: what is it?

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Hai le

Default what is it?

image.jpg
    what is the thing that blowing water on the top? can i use it instead of air pump?d

Real Name
    Christopher G

Default Re: what is it?

image.jpg

Looks like one of these. That tank has a sump at the bottom and what you're seeing is the return spout from the sump.

Registered Member

And looking at the amount of air bubbles coming out the return, they might want to add some water to said sump
    Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution;
    it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny. — Aristotle

Real Name
    Christopher G

Quote Originally Posted by DiscusRob View Post
    And looking at the amount of air bubbles coming out the return, they might want to add some water to said sump
    So no sump? Lol. A powerhead then ?

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by blueluv View Post
    So no sump? Lol. A powerhead then ?
    No, I'm certain the tank owner has a sump, However, when the water level in the sump gets close to the intake side of the return pump it will start sucking air and create the bubbles you see in the picture, simple fix is add some water to the sump to raise the water level. I run a wet/dry on my 75 and due to evaporation my water level drops, I lose about 3 gallons a week. Maintain the level, no bubbles
    Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution;
    it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny. — Aristotle