Dennis Discus     AquaticSuppliers.com

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Sonora Desert Fish Nook (mini fishroom)

Gold Member FischAutoTechGarten's Avatar
    iTrader
    1 (100%)
    Real Name
    Peter

Default Re: Sonora Desert Fish Nook (mini fishroom)

Then there were three. Made modifications today. Decided to add a 3rd join between my two sump sections to increase flow and have them maintain similar levels. So out it all came and drilling commenced.

CleanThirdHole.jpg

Here you can see the new join between the sumps once they were re-installed.

ThenThereWereThree.jpg

I also tired of waiting for all 6 tanks to drain through a single 1/2" solenoid. THe fact that the bottom and middle levels also needed to have check valves installed to prevent water from tanks above filling them during a drain cycle also slowed things down. So I decided to add two additonal solenoid valves and removed the check valves. Now each level drains down seperate lines through it's own solenoid. All 3 solenoid valves are controlled by the same relay in the DIY aquarium controller, so I didnt' have to make any expansions or changes there. It's nice to have it faster. Photo is blurry, but you can see that just below each level of display tanks there is a solenoid valve mounted on the wall to drain water away...

ThreeDischargeSolenoidValves.jpg

Did some other work with the dosers and probes, but I'll make that part of another update.
    Peter
    Cuerpo en Green Valley, Arizona, USA y Corazón en Alamos, Sonora, Mexico

learning never stops

iTrader
    1 (100%)
    Real Name
    Peter

Finally got around to finishing up the dosing pumps. I have 3. They are configured, calibrated and installed.

DosingPumpSetupAndCalibrationThroughTermite.jpg

Now the science and techy parts begin as I've set them up in Node-RED and now need to make the dosing part of water changes. I'll play around with just dosing water from each of them for a few weeks until I know I have all the automation set..

DosingPumpsInstalledOnEquipmentPanel.jpg

Getting hard to stay focused as I'm enjoying working in the gardens more. I expanded the butterfly/bee/hummingbird garden around the perimeter of my back enclosed patio... they are already feeding on the nectar. this was yesterday, a very rare rainy day april day in the desert (we are having a big drought)..

ButterflyBeeHummingbirdPerimeterGarden-NewlyPlanted.jpg
    Peter

learning never stops

iTrader
    Real Name
    Shan

Damn Peter you definitely got an itch to scratch LOL
    Amateur discuskeeper, Professional doofus

iTrader
    1 (100%)
    Real Name
    Peter

I like learning new stuff. The dosing pump holder was an opportunity to work with Lexan (cuts and drill). Three dosing pumps gives me an opportunity to experiment with remineralizing, macro and micro nutrients.

Yesterday, I submitted code samples to Atlas-Scientific, NodeRED, and WhiteBoxLabs for working with Atlas-Sci EZO devices (probes, pumps, meters, etc...) in NodeRED. So folks who don't mind a tiny bit of light coding can create their own DIY aquarium controller.

The garden, yeah.... i got carried away in 2020 and 2021 (with Covid, what else is there to do but improve stuff around the homestead?). That's a topic for another thread altogether...
    Peter

learning never stops

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011