AquaticSuppliers.com     AquaticSuppliers.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Genetics of Pitch Black Rams

iTrader
    Real Name
    Tom

Default Re: Genetics of Pitch Black Rams

Liz most people are just keepers not breeders. I’ve never bought a fish with intent to breed. Those are some great looking rams!! And blacks are at a premium. I never see them at the pet stores by me. Most will be happy to thrilled to get some. And if yours are still producing. Keep selling!! You’ll make many people happy! And maybe get a new truck .

Gold Member FischAutoTechGarten's Avatar
    iTrader
    1 (100%)
    Real Name
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by LizStreithorst View Post
    LOL. Want me to send you some, Peter? They're cheap.
    hmm, tempting. only issue is I am maintaining 27degC - 28.5degC in the system. Falls to 27degC at night (the setpoint for the heat to come on) and increases to 28.5degC during the day. It's quite warm in my home (27degC or 80.5degF) due to the heat outside. My fishnook water runs warmer than that on it's own with the pumps and led lighting. My heat doesn't even come on now. My RO Water storage is in the bodega off of my carport...and I see that when I do 40% water changes, I don't even drop the temperature more than .5degC.

So, I'm not sure if 80.5 to 83.0 degF will be suitable for the rams. I hate to raise it anymore on account of my corydoras (6 different species of corydoras).
    Once it starts getting routinely 100degF outside, we will have our AC to maintain 80degF inside the home, so the situation shouldn't get much worse in the summer. My water changes will happen early in the morning, so by then even the RO Water in the bodega will probably have cooled to 80degF as well. We try to keep the AC off until June 1st, and then run it through October.

Please, send me a PM with a price to ship 2 to 4 of them to 85622 (or I can get them directly at Tucson International Airport... however you do it). I might consider it.
    Peter
    Cuerpo en Green Valley, Arizona, USA y Corazón en Alamos, Sonora, Mexico

learning never stops

iTrader
    12 (100%)

PM sent.

I'd love nothing more than send them to someone who knows all about the fertility issue and just wants them to enjoy watching and caring for them rather than breed them.

If anyone else is interested in excellent quality Pitch Black Rams that will likely not produce wigglers please PM me. They're super cheap for their quality.

The reason I won't make this offer on Aquabid is because many people who buy there are looking for quality fish for breeding. I don't want to get the reputation for being the woman whose fish cannot produce fry. I've been thinking about this since I first realized there was a problem which was April 10 when I first posted about it. I usually make my decisions emotionally but not this one.
    Mama Bear

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123