AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Some pictures from my neighborhood.

Real Name
    Tom

Default Re: Some pictures from my neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Nice! Not only got the oriole but TWO eagles. The one with the baby swan is a great shot but the one with oriole is too..David and Goliath
    .Definitely alot going on in your neighborhood Tom.
    Yes we’ve got some interesting animals that people are noticing. Predators are moving in because there is an abundance of prey. Our Canadian goose populations are off the chart and now our swan count at one lake (small pond to a lot of you)is over 60.IMG_3331.jpg
    Rabbits are reproducing like rabbits. This time last year we had regular fox sightings all through my neighborhood. Thing is these predators aren’t like the wild ones seen elsewhere. These are suburban predators. They’re right out in the open. Nothings hiding. DSC_3750.jpg these owls were like celebrities. They actually had a roped off area with sometimes as many as 30 paparazzi. And still they would fly in with mice and other things and feed the young to everybody’s enjoyment. I was waiting for the owls to start charging admission.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

I'm jealous of your great horned owls chicks Tom. They are not all that common here in Florida. I would be right in there with the paparazzi.
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Tom

Pat we had people from all over coming to take pictures of them. Texas,Pennsylvania,Vermont and Connecticut. Those are just the ones I talked to. Guy from Texas was in full camp and stayed on site for about 4 days. Was staying in the woods behind the owls and behind a PAL baseball field. People ARE crazy!! Next these are not the only ones on the island. Found these 2 about 15miles away at another park. DSC_5696.jpgDSC_5698.jpg. These guy are less know than the Massapequa ones. But reading up on them there are many on the island. Just have to look up.

Real Name
    Tom

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Getting better Tom and I like the first image a lot. Are you shooting in jpg or ram? (or both). You using any software in post processing?
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567