AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: HIT filter

Default HIT filter

I guess if we call filters we hang on the back of Tanks ..HOB... HIT is ok for ones hung inside tanks

I have a couple of tanks that I can't fit Aquaclear HOB on and I really don't want/need a cannister and its expense but sponges just arent cutting it by themselves. What to do?

Bought two cheapo HIT to try out.$12-13 dollars each. Hard to beat. Basically its a power head with 3 filtration chambers.Comes with sponges but each chamber is separate so you can easily use other media. Theres a bunch of brands but the one I am using is Cherams (20 watt) They have been great on my 55 gal tanks.

0531241105d~2.jpg

Screenshot_20240531-111328~2.jpg

Great for added filtration and water flow...and has an adjustable venturi valve for added aeration if needed. Really a great combo.with air driven sponges.

al
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 05-31-2024 at 11:24 AM.
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>Want a great forum? Participate in it and make one.. it doesnt happen on its own...

we need help..

https://forum.simplydiscus.com/showt...and-Hard-Place

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Gary

Default Re: HIT filter

I bought some Odyssea EX 350 to use in my 55s. They did not work very well. Way to much current. The discus looked like trout holding position in a rushing white water river.

Registered Member

Isn't this similar to Eheim Powerline 2252 XL which I have... https://www.aquaristikshop.com/fi/EH...L-2252/225202/

HOW can it be so cheap?

(I like this filter overall, very easy to clean and does a good job of collecting debris but it does need some tuning... I attached a piece of hose and a spray bar to the output so the current isn't too strong and can be directed where I want to.)

Real Name
    Brian McQuilkin

I tried a marine land polishing filter and did a great job but just too much pressure. I ended up putting it directly in the sump works great there. Thanks. Al these look very interesting, just order 2 if they work out at that price I'll get a bunch of them.
    It would be nice to get a small ball valve for the output, that way you could restrict the output to suit the tank that you are using.

Real Name
    Jacob

Quote Originally Posted by Vanman View Post
    I bought some Odyssea EX 350 to use in my 55s. They did not work very well. Way to much current. The discus looked like trout holding position in a rushing white water river.
    I've got an Odysea 350 and that thing is a stapler. As it in staples the fish to the side of the tank.
    I use it to circulate/aerate water in one of my aging barrels.

I dont have any of those filters mentioned here to compare against but heres a pic of one of my Ram tanks running one...

0531241642~2.jpg

its a 55 gal... Rams have no problem with it.
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>Want a great forum? Participate in it and make one.. it doesnt happen on its own...

we need help..

https://forum.simplydiscus.com/showt...and-Hard-Place

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by jwcarlson View Post
    I've got an Odysea 350 and that thing is a stapler. As it in staples the fish to the side of the tank.
    I use it to circulate/aerate water in one of my aging barrels.
    That is what I am planning on doing.