ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: I hate Mice!

Default I hate Mice!

Openned my popup camper to get it ready for a camping trip. Every year I load it up with moth balls to keep the mice out. Usually works great. This year.. They decided to have a party. They destroyed some of my screens and canvas. They actually ate through packets of paper I wrap the moth balls in and chewed on the moth balls. Never saw anything like that. So yesterday I spent the day patching screens and canvas. Royally ticked as the popup has been with us years and its been like new... looks like swiss cheese on one side now.

0705241325~2.jpg

0705241325a~2.jpg

0705241325b~2.jpg

0705241326~2.jpg

Made a few nests as well... just made such a mess.
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>Want a great forum? Participate in it and make one.. it doesnt happen on its own...

we need help..

https://forum.simplydiscus.com/showt...and-Hard-Place

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Brian

Default Re: I hate Mice!

That sucks! They certainly are destructive..

A few years ago I had stored a window AC unit in my storage shed. I brought it inside and set it on the floor to test it and I heard a rattling sound coming from inside when all the sudden a mouse came shooting out of the vent and flew across the room. Scared the crap out of me! I took it outside and turned it on again and still heard the rattling sound then about 6 little pink baby mice came flying out. I took it apart and found that the mouse had made a nest in the squirrel cage, lol... My girlfriends was laughing so hard when she saw me with a bb gun chasing the mother mouse out of my house, lol...

I'd show you the one that was the reason the self propel mechanism quit working on my lawnmower but it's a little graphic
    Last edited by jeep; 07-06-2024 at 10:26 AM.

Real Name
    Jake

Holy smokes Al that is wild! Such a shame they did so much damage to the camper.

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

That really bites Al Do you think you have a bad batch of moth balls?
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Openned my popup camper to get it ready for a camping trip. Every year I load it up with moth balls to keep the mice out. Usually works great. This year.. They decided to have a party. They destroyed some of my screens and canvas. They actually ate through packets of paper I wrap the moth balls in and chewed on the moth balls. Never saw anything like that. So yesterday I spent the day patching screens and canvas. Royally ticked as the popup has been with us years and its been like new... looks like swiss cheese on one side now.

Made a few nests as well... just made such a mess.
    Years ago I had to give away my Coleman popup camper due to the same. They ate the cushions canvas and screen. They also left a whole bunch of young ones in the cushions. I Know how you feel it ruined my vacation.
    When I moved here to MD they got in my air intake on my bran new car cost me $400 in repairs.
    Last edited by Charlyc11; 07-06-2024 at 12:53 PM.
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

I don't know Pat. They smelled as stinky as normal but I have never seen mice do this.. they literally chewed up the paper around the moth balls..I openned the trailer and it was like were playing marbles with them! Must have been a bad batch..I guess.

al
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>Want a great forum? Participate in it and make one.. it doesnt happen on its own...

we need help..

https://forum.simplydiscus.com/showt...and-Hard-Place

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Registered Member

Al and Gary
    I have had that happen to me. My jeep was a hotel for them and when I turned on the heat
    I heard a thumping sound and fur came out the vents. The mice were killed and it took a long time for the smell to go away.
    They also got in to my wife's minicooper and 2000$ dollars later all is well. The guy at the dealers said to try mint oil
    no problems since.
    Jay

I opened the dishwasher door once only to have dog kipples fall out the bottom of the front panel of the door. They had been stealing kibbles one by one from the dog bowl in the laundry room. It was a hoot. They did a little damage to the wiring but I was able to stick things back together the way they were.

As much as I hated to, I put poison in the engine of my car. They did enough damage to my old Chevy truck that I had just bought a new engine for to make it catch fire. Ruined the wire cluster. I can't allow that to happen to my little Fiat 500.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member
    Real Name
    Gary

If this happened at my house it would be war. Thermonuclear war.

Loosing that old truck 'bout broke my heart.
    Mama Bear