AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some help with new discus

Registered Member

Default Re: Need some help with new discus

Quote Originally Posted by Iminit View Post
    Hopefully now that there are others and they are eating and more active this guy will start following there lead. Guess we’re waiting now for pictures .
    Sure mate I will share more pics by tom after a water change. Hopefully this guy starts eating as well, tempted to give him worms but worried about water quality as I do water change every 3 days now. Mixed feeding both slow sinking pellets/granules for now

Registered Member

Planning a short 3 day vacation for next weekend. Whats the best way keep these guys healthy while Im not on. I don't have anyone here with any aquarium knowledge to come & check up on them that too these young sensitive group of guys. Will a big water change before leaving help a lot? They started eating well feeding them 2-3 times a day, just one shy guy yet to take food just stays alone since he came from a long transit

With my adult discus from before I used to just do a water change and come back to see everything is fine but very new to handling juveniles

Any advise would be great thanks
    Last edited by darklord34; 07-12-2024 at 12:47 PM.

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

I would water change the day you leave, not feed for the 3 days you're away, especially since the eating has been sporadic you don't want uneaten food sitting in your tank. Feed & water change and on the day you return. They'll be fine

Real Name
    Tom

Yes clean the tank just before you leave. No food till you get back. They will be fine! Still waiting for those pictures .

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by danotaylor View Post
    I would water change the day you leave, not feed for the 3 days you're away, especially since the eating has been sporadic you don't want uneaten food sitting in your tank. Feed & water change and on the day you return. They'll be fine
    Yes uneaten food in tank is never good. Will do a 80% water change before leaving thanks

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iminit View Post
    Yes clean the tank just before you leave. No food till you get back. They will be fine! Still waiting for those pictures .
    12.jpg
    14.jpg

Yes I will do a good water change on day of leaving. Just cant catch every one on phone those red discus are amazing so active & eating like crazy. Still worried about the shy guy as you can see from Pics yet to start eating just ate 2 pellets in almost 6 days now since came to the tank, 2 guys just dart away to hide behind wood/plant when ever I go near lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12