ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Discus Club!!!

Registered Member

Default Toronto Discus Club!!!

Hello all,

I want to let everyone know that we are in the process of starting up a Discus Club within the Toronto area. We plan on having monthly discus meeting to discuss various topics as well as to trade/sell fishes (and perhaps an auction) among other things.

The reason for the club is to foster friendship and to share our knowledge and experience with one another as well as to acquire new fishes ;D.

To those interested in joining, please leave a post here or email me at: discus@ethancote.com You do not need to be living in the Toronto area to join, everyone is welcome.

Right now we are in the process of looking for hosts/hostesses to host our very first meeting. All cost associated with the meeting such as for drinks/snacks/coffee will be covered by all members.

To those interested in hosting (or those who know of people who might be interested in hosting), please email me at host@ethancote.com

Lets make this a successful club. So people start passing the word around and see if there are others interested in participating.

It would be a shame not to have a Discus Club in such a big and beautiful city. I'll keep everyone posted as more details present itself.

Regards,

Chi.

Registered Member

Default Re:Toronto Discus Club!!!

I would make it up for any trade shows or sales and maybe the first meeting to gain some Canadian contacts, but living in Windsor would be quite a ride for a monthly meeting. Doesn't mean I would subscribe or pay for a membership though!

Good luck fellas,

Sean.

P.S. If there is anything I can do to help, please feel free to ask.

Registered Member

Come on now Sean... I KNOW you want to get out of town for a few of these things!!!!!

Registered Member

I would like to take this opportunity and thanks the administrators for moving my post up I do need the exposure.

Trying to find someone to host this meeting is like pulling teeth :-\

Common folks, lets get the ball rolling and start emailing me.

To all those interested, you can post here or email me so I can add you to my database. I'll keep everyone posted as more info comes in...

Go out and pass the word around, recruit more members and most important see if you can get someone to host the first meeting ;D Currently I have a taker but his place won't be ready until next year.

Cheers,

Chi.

Registered Member

Chi,I don't know if I can make many of the meetings but I would like to join.We currently don't even have ANY fish related clubs anywhere in our area.So count me in.

Ron aka...Mench

Registered Member

Quick update.

Still need people to host these meetings ;D

Please those interested, email me. Lets get thing rolling.

Cheers,

Chi.

Registered Member

Another quick update.

I am still getting emails of people interested in a Discus Club. Unfortunately, none of the email is for a host to host our first meeting.

So until we find our host......that's all I have to update.

Cheers,

Chi.

I wish there were more discus people where I lived! It's nice to talk discus with other keeper's. I think a club is a great idea. Wish you guys luck in getting it running!
    Darcy

Registered Member

Hello all,

I didn't want this post to go under the rug so gonna revive it.

Again, I still have no volunteers to host the first meeting, but got a bunch of people interested in joining.

Guess beside looking for hosts/hostesses, we also need people who might be interested in giving speeches on various topics, from artifical raising to medications. If you would like to make a presentation on a particular topic, please email me the topic so I can keep track of it in my database.

Thanks

Cheers,

Chi.

PS: Common folks, lets make this dream a reality!!!

Registered Member

Hi, Chi
    Any update? don't give up. You can't be around other discus keepers and not learn something. I'm from the south (Rochester N.Y.) but could make it up for some get togethers. Steve

Real Name
    James (Jim) Shedden

Lets get this going

JIm

Registered Member

Hi Folks,

That's a realy good idea, well I live in toronto Jane and St. Clair, and I think there's lot of people around here that keeps Discus, and the reason is there's none on the stores.
    I think we could have a meeting once a month or twice, maybe in a coffe shop or in somebody's house, that has some place we could discuss our goals or problems with the fish.
    Well, like that we learn all together , and we can trade or sell fish each other, because we know how to keep them and treat them right, at least as a fewer chances getting sick, versus the stores, they sell expensive, sick fish with disease, they keep Discus with all kind's a fish BIG AL"S is the worst fish store I've ever seen, I'm not a professional but I tell you if I was the manager in those stores, first the emploees have to pay me to take a course and leran a few basis then we see the way they take care of those small creatures.

Going to the point, I'm not a professonal, but I know the basis, I like (only) Discus, and will be nice to keep contact with all Discus fancy's around here Toronto, and of course around the world, because this site is most wonderfull way of keeping everyone informed and together, we are all humans, and we should be together agains't all kinds of racism, terror, and WAR. Discus keeper's, I believe, are seeking peace, you just look at your fish and will see what I'm talking about.

Thanks, all the best to you guys, and let's go for the club,

TORONTO DISCUS CLUB SOCIETY

Where everyone is WELCOME to join and share information or even just a coffe, you wan't loose because bying those fish in the store will cust you more money......

See you .

joao.sa@rogers.com

Registered Member

I just reg as a memeber and live in Scarb. what is the update of the club? I look forward to join it.
    bobcat

Registered Member

I am in Toronto as well. I am also interested in joining. It sounda like a great idea, I really hope that it flies .Ethancote, would the meetings take place in Toronto or in the GTA?

Registered Member

Im guessing there is still no club yet?
    Im in Hamilton and I freely admit to having Discus fever.. lol

Its crazy trying to find dicus ANYWHERE around here...
    let alone others who are into them.

I agree somewhere public would be best, who's going to invite internet strangers (even if thay are discus people) into their house ?

just wondering if theres been any action....

ciao

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast