ChicagoDiscus.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Useless Discus Products

Registered Member

Default Useless Discus Products

What was the most useless Discus product you ever purchased ? I would have to say vibro-grow discus food would be at the top of my list.

Registered Member

Default Re:Useless Discus Products

Alexis - I couldn't agree more - my fish won't eat the stuff :P . Other than that I have bought lots of tank maintaince junk that never works - you know the stuff that says you never have to change water, etc. - but that was years ago - now we all know the truth - wc,wc,wc, and then some more wc.

scotz

Maybe I should open up my 55 gal stand and just take a picture. Everything under that particular one is useless. I think of it as the "Useless Product" storage cabinet, hoping some day I could us it for a McGuiver project. I could name a few but am too embarassed!. Well Ok just one..... Fish medication. I have oodles and oodles of it. : :

Vibra Grow? How about bird food? Wild birds eat practically anything.
    My Vibra Grow is mixed in with all the favorite freezedried and flake foods. I have a few that eat it, so am lucky there.

Julz

Registered Member

I think that the most useless product I bought was seachem discus buffer, it's worthless at least for me........

Registered Member

A old ceramic treasure chest ornament thingy. I can't believe I actually bought it! Worse, why I'm still holding on to it.

Paul

Registered Member

Paul don't feel bad I just threw out my first 5 gallon tank last year. It was the slate bottom tank my dad gave me in the second grade with the chrome frame.

Registered Member

Alexis,

You threw out a tank?? Isn't that a sin?

Come on, you could have found SOMETHING to do with that tank! Fry tank? Worm storage tank?

John

Registered Member

Vibro_grow, my fish throw-up just saying the word near their tanks..
    Black Water Extract... saw me coming...
    Amazon Peat pellets by Marc Weis... came with a "SUCKER" sticker inside the can.
    ;D
    chuck

Registered Member

Any unwanted/stale/unpalatable food makes excellent food for your red wiggler culture !!! So keep saving them.....
    Cheers, Francisco.

Registered Member

Vibra grow is at the top and those peat pellets! I put them in my emperor filter 5 years ago and stunk up the whole room for a week, oh man what a jerk i was for buying those stink pellets.

Ken

I didnt origionally buy it for discus but Ive got enough gravel in storeage to open my own fish store. Rich

Vibra-Grow uke:

GRAVEL... ? So true Rich.... I am planning a rock garden with mine.... Cactus, Tillandsia's, Bromelaids etc...... I have so much I could probably fill our sistern tank with it.

Julz

Proper PH...if you put it in your tank, you are overwhelmed w/ algae in 2 or 3 days even w/ wc's....

Registered Member

useless stuff- oh my,where do i start. i think the word "sucker" is tatooed on my forehead...LOL.
    but i'm learning....... hundreds of $$$ later.

as for gravel,backgrounds,ornaments...... LOL... i am such a good daughter. gave it all to my mum. she loves me and so do her goldfish.

Registered Member

How about blackwater extract? It seems pretty useless to me unless you like tannin colored water. Do the water softner pillows actually do anything? I guess if you don't mind paying $5 for peatmoss in a bottle the black water extract is worth it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast