ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tank Stands

Default Tank Stands

Hi all has anyone else made there own tank stands? I just got done making a double stand for a couple 29's we'll see if it stands up to the weight soon lol ! post some pics of your homemade stands !!!!!!!

Default Re:Tank Stands

2nd

Registered Member

Nice Jim- When it comes to carpentry, I have 10 thumbs! ;D Frank

Registered Member

Great job!! BTW, that stand will hold a lot more weight than what you are putting on it.

jim that looks great.
    im building stands too..very soon
    for smaller ones 30 gallon ones 24 inch wide and two layers. so hope mine work as good as yours.

Registered Member

That'll be plenty strong. I've built my own. Built a 2x4 frame just like yours and put some pine on the outside. Added a little stain and polyurethane, it's looks great. Is't holding a 55gal tank. About 550lbs. Go look at whst they sell at the LFS's the cheap ones are just 3 pieces of fiberboard with a piece on top and bottom. My next one will just be 3/4" plywood.

8'long

Thank you all for the kind words. It did turn out better then I thought it would lol. Never had a plan just started building it lol

Registered Member

beav,

looking good. there will be no problems with weight on these with 29's. if you go to large tanks, then remember that all of the weight on this setup is being carried by the bolts. and in this case that is fine.if you want to have more weight capacity, the put the vertical 2x4's under the horizontical 2x4's so the weight is transferred through them.

denny

Looks good to me Jim. Now fillem up.

Registered Member

good job on the tank stand!

i did just about the same thing. used 2x4s, measures 6' long by 18" wide to put my 125 gallon on it.

Registered Member

Great Job on the Stand!! Its amazing what a few 2x4's will hold. I am in the process of finishing my basement and I just completed my office down there. I put a 29gal in the wall so it looks like a picture from the one side. Hopefully I will be able to get a pic or two of it on here soon.

Registered Member

here's one that i made...

Rick

Registered Member

I think that when I get a fishroom I am inviting Jim and Rick over to build me some stands!

John

Here's a link to mine http://members.shaw.ca/dclubine/tankstand.htm It's brutal to look at but it's fine for the room that it's in. It holds four 55g tanks as well as having room for the sump underneath. It's bolted to a shelf that's on one end but otherwise it's pretty much free-standing.

Dave

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast