AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Cigar Dream

Registered Member

Default A Cigar Dream

I just came back from my vacation in Cuba and my cigar dream became true, one safe full with Cohiba.

Lub0

P.S. I am wondering if there are other cigar addicts?

Real Name
    Brian

Default Re:A Cigar Dream

I'm not a huge cigar smoker, but I was in the Caymans a few years ago and I bought some Romeo & Juliettes. I took a few puffs and went to bed. I got up a few mintues later and smoked the rest. It wa great!

I ended up with about 15 for the trip back to the sates...

:'( :'( :'( :'( I am! but we can't get Cubans in the USA. Bootleg they would cost $25-30 a piece!

The best I can do is here are Ashtons. And I was blessed this christmas with 10 montecristos from my brother in law.

Cigarinternational.com has some awesome online prices for cigars... and if you get a chance.. Try the 5vegas(cinco Vegas) its a nice smoke!

enjoy those treasures!

-al

Don_Lee

My wife Claudia has an uncle that sell/ships cigars from all over the world. He is quite the connoisseur. The cigars he carries are the finest available. His name is Thomas Fraioli, his email addy is TAFSR192@aol.com. Business name is Cigars by Guidetaf1. He is in Rhode Island Al, close to you! Give him a call/email, tell him Claudia sent you!

Don ;D

Please do not let my hubby (nor Weezy's) see this thread..... LOL ....

Hey wait a minute....

Cigars = More tanks/fish...... Hmmmm

gtg, gunna call the hubby.... :P

Registered Member

Hi Al,

Yep, unfortunately Cohiba are pretty expensive in Canada too . Thanks for the link; I’ll order some Cinco Vegas. One more thing, in the spirit of Christmas and because I really like Simply I would like to donate one Cohiba Lanceros to you or we can trade some cigars for discus . Please email me your postal address.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
    Lub0

Hi Lubo,
    thanks for the generous offer, but after 9/11 they are screening everything coming into the uSA. My luck some inspector would smoke that cigar!

Its a stupid Ban they have here, leftover from the cold wars. we'll trade openly with communist china, but not cuba. Makes no sense! My guess is some american politicians high up own cigar plantations elsewhere in the islands or latin America. Probably nicaragua!

Don, Thank you as well. I may take you up on that!

-al

Registered Member

Great Cigars Do not have to be Cuban! Try Some El Originals from Islandsmokeshop.com! Outstanding, and reasonably priced. Frank

Registered Member

Cohiba's are hard to beat and probably my favorite of the Cubans, but I also agree with Frank there are alot of quality cigars available that are not Cuban....My favorites are Fuente "Hemmingway Short Stories", and a good Partagas Maduro...Pretty hard to beat....Al I feel lucky to have some Cubans right now in the Humidor...(Cohibas, Romeo Julieta's, and MonteCristo's) I save those for special events as they are treasures due to the availability.....Nothing like a nice smoke, sitting in front of our favorite discus aquarium with a nice glass of Port or a shot of Scotch.
    JMO,
    Tad ;D

Registered Member

Hi Al,

I have sent some Cohiba cigars to US no problems so far; my guess is that customs do not bother to check letters with 1 to 5 cigars in it. But it’s up to you, my offer is valid until I smoke all of them .

Also if someone else wants Cohiba I have a lot of cigars, just email me and we can negotiate a fair price or I'll trade for discus

Jeep, I am planning to go next winter to the Caymans, is there any places that you would recommend as must to be seen?

Lub0

Real Name
    Brian

Lub,

I've been all over the Caribbean and the Caymans are really quite drab. The Caymans actually consist of an extinct coral reef and I think the highest point above sea level is about 100'. The beaches are very coarse shell fragments and not fun to walk on barefooted. When I was there, the night life sucked. The diving is among the best in the world though. If you want to go in the water, go to Sting Ray City and feed the rays. If you don't like diving, go to the turtle hatchery.

About the only other place on land I would recommend is a town called "Hell". You can mail all your friends postcards from Hell or buy a "Hellrock Cafe" t-shirt.

If not for the diving I would not recommend the Caymans. Go to the Virgin Islands instead. Paradise Island in the Bahamas is like a small Las Vegas and Bimini is a blast, although a little remote. St. Lucia, St Thomas and St. John are my favorite places in the Caribbean...

Have fun!!!

Who am I to turn down a a cohiba? Thanks Lubo!

my address is no secret....

http://www.simplydiscus.com/donate/index.html

Thanks a million!

-al

Tad- I envy you, and and Though I agree with you and Frank about good cigars not necessarily being from cuba, but some of the best do come from there, and my humidor really likes having them visit!

favorite place to enjoy them...

My hot tub, with a glass of cabernet. or camping with a bottle of VO or my home brew midnite stout

Funny, For years growing up I drove past these cloth covered fields in Connecticut, and never realized that Connecticut supplied the majority of Shade wrappers for those good cigars!

take care,
    al

Registered Member

Brew I'm with ya !

Hibas Rule ! Smoked many of them when I was skiing in Wistler/Blackcomb and a fair share of Romeo e Julietas .....nice

Another fav is the Padron churchill ...very nice smoke

David ;D

Registered Member

Come on Al- Ya never saw the movie Parrish? ;D You bet Cubans are great, and if Lubo wants to send me some.....Frank

Registered Member

David and Brew,
    Hard to argue any cigar...Cubans definately have the world renown taste...the conditions for tobacco are excellent in their tropical valleys...Brew how did you miss out on all of that history of the Connecticut shade wrappers...the Sumatra wrappers are great too...I guess a bunch of us cigar smokin guys got something in common....taking the time to sit down to have a great smoke with one of our favorite drinks and just relaxing.....
    cheers,
    Tad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast