AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anticipation

Registered Member

Default Anticipation

Thanks to all in this group I have had great success keeping 2 LFS discus with no problems for the last 6 weeks. I took the plunge and ordered 4 more from Cary. They come tomorrow. I can barely stand the wait.

Here's betting I will get very little sleep tonight or for next several nights I would imagine.

Registered Member Carol_Roberts's Avatar

Default Re:Anticipation

Hmmm, 6 weeks ago you bought two discus, now you're buying 4 discus . . . . Does this sound familiar? I predict in another couple of months you'll need 6 more discus
    Lol my next fix is due on Tuesday.

Real Name
    Brian

Don't forget the additional tanks for the other new discus next year

I got lucky today. The city is having a free "empty your basement" trash pick-up tomorrow and I found a nice 29 gallon tank sitting by the side of the road. SCORE!!!

Now I need more discus

Registered Member

Well it is 7:30am. I am up the tank is ready and I am waiting for federal express. It is like Christmas. I actually slept better then I figured I would. Took 3 tylenol pm.

Registered Member

I see you are now a discus head. I have a total of 20 tanks in my house and another 100 plus in my hatchery. I have always been a Africian Cichlid guy but I started with discus last June. Right now I have a total of twenty which I got some from Joe last week and I am ready to order some more next month. Heck I ordered more two days after I got the new ones in last week ( which I am still waiting for them) and I still want more. The only thing I think about is buying more discus. You know when you have it bad when you get your pillow and sleep next to your new fish just to watch them. I must agree discus are king of the aquarium.

Andre

Registered Member

They are here. They look great. So far they are in the bags floating in the tank. Cary added an extra one. I am so excited. Well off to check them out.

Registered Member

I would get tons and tons of Discus, I would stack those suckers 6 feet high...however its not easy to find a good looking healthy discus! Most of the time I look at the ones offered in the local aquarium stores and i wonder to myself if i should liberate them, and nurse them back to health!!!

I hope to get some connections in Toronto, of amatuer discus breeders as I have 6 healthy, and thriving little beasties...and I want 12 more!!!!...lol But my ANTICIPATION, is waiting for more exotic ones, more rare, and of course beautiful, and healthy...

Registered Member

Update on the kids. They are doing great. Swimming in the tank. I now know why they say to keep them in groups. The 5 new ones are always together. My other tank with the 2 tend to say away from each other. Unless the bigger one wants to chase the littler one. It is not bad, and the littler one does not seem to mind. In fact it is pretty funny at feeding time because he chases the littler one into the food instead of away from it.

Back to the new ones. I got a Red Melon (love the colors on this one). Rose Red, showing great color and lines. Blue Diamond, Blue Diamond x blue snake. Funny to compare these 2 with the Blue Diamond I already have.. Did the realize how big the one I had was. And Cary added a golden pidgeon blood.

I have no immediate plans to get more, I really want to grow these out to full adult size. I like them big. But when I do, I will definately do business with Cary again.

Off to watch the babies.

Congrats on your new arrivals. It is great to hear people getting into the hobby and starting out with great stock from someonle like Cary. You just cant go wrong with him.
    Best of luck, not that you will need it. Matt
    PS:, Where are the pics? ;D

congrats on your new fish ice skater. i agree cant go wrong with new fish from Cary!!
    keep up updated and enjoy. 8) ;D

Registered Member

THE OBSESSION HAS BEGUN !!!

Registered Member

Glad to hear Cary treated you well with your new arrivals and I know all about that obsession you talk about Smokey ;D iceskater do you have any pics of the new kids yet? I would love to see them.

Registered Member

I have a real cheap digital camera and it does not capture the true beauty of my babies. I am working on getting a better digital camera.

Registered Member

I know what you're going through, I started off with 4 small discus. Got three more two weeks later and just last weekend got another 2.

(yes, I understand, I should quarantine them, but they all have come from the same breeder just two miles away, he has a whole basement of tanks. I know I am taking a chance but he has never had a problem with any of his fish for over the twelve years I've known him.)

I am now planning on going two doors down and asking the neighbor if I can have his 55 gallon he doesn't use in order to get more discus!! I put away money every pay check in order to set up the next tank and dream about the next group of discus! Am I nuts or what????

Registered Member Carol_Roberts's Avatar

That sounds pretty normal to me, but then I think it's perfectly normal to have a 55 gallon tank in my bathroom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast