ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to convince your spouse ;)

Registered Member

Default How to convince your spouse ;)

Well, I am a beginner, so this topic goes to the section for beginners.

So, how to convince your spouse to get MORE fish tanks??
    Mine doesn't want more, and I have just run out of reasons.

HELP ASAP!!!

Default Re: How to convince your spouse ;)

There's NO WAY! You just have to buy the tank and setup when the spouse's not home on vacation or travelling on business

Registered Member

What was that expression... 'all hell breaks loose'...
    I am talking about minimum damages... lol

Explain that you have been diagnosed with a treatable chemical imbalance....

Only way to correct it is with increasing your number of tanks every year, otherwise you'll go into convulsions!

More fish tanks helps keep the humidity at healthy levels, really it does!!! Naw, He didn't believe it either.

Real Name
    Mike

I dont know if you breed, but...... When my wife saw the fry eating off the parents, well........she fell in love with them and then I opened up the conversation with.........when they have fry for you, we will need to have tanks set up and ready for them. She allowed me to purchase a pair...$$$$ and now she says I can start fish room in the garage....$$$$. She wants to have a few pairs and 3-4 grow out tanks....$$$$. Get them involved....its the only way without dealing with divorce papers.

Real Name
    Robbie

Spouse??? Well I don't have one. The only thing that I have to answer to is my checkbook.

Quote Originally Posted by geodehunter
    Spouse??? Well I don't have one. The only thing that I have to answer to is my checkbook.

youre right on the spot my friend

I say "Woman.. I'm setting up another tank whether you like it or not." LOL

Honestly though she is very understanding and lets me set up as many tanks as I want. No need to make an excuse.

She is starting to take an intrest in the fish. I don't think she will ever do a W/c but thats ok I will eventually wear her down.

Doug

Tell her that the extra moisture in the air is good for her health. That it will make her skin softer, and her complexion better. Allow her to go out and get some more makeup or clothes to go with her new found youthful look.....lol
    Sincerely, Chris

Real Name
    Mike

Chris...are you married?...... My wife would see right through that charade. She would probably say something like........whats wrong with my skin and my complexion now??? Do you think I have rough skin and bad complexion now? Do you think I need new clothes and a more youthful look?? This could go either way but women are much smarter than most give them credit for. Never underestimate the intelligence of a woman (even more so, a wife with the checkbook). Get them involved....its the best way

Well...

I know what would work with me! I'd probably let Tad have another tank, if he brought home several gift certificates for massage therapy and facials at the Day Spa!!

Judi
    There's two dates in time that they'll carve on your stone, and everyone knows what they mean.
    But what's more important is the time that is known, as that little dash there in between.

Real Name
    Jim

If your wife's into decorating, talk about how the new tank would compliment the room... if she's not into that, get her into watching HGTV and she will be... lol

My wife has her interests, and since she figures the fish are mine, and they make me happy.. she's pretty understanding (to say the least).. around here, it's more a function of how much time I have that determines the number of fish/tanks..

Judi has a great point too... just gave my wife a gift cert for a whole day at the spa for her birthday present... now when I tell her I'm going to buy more fish next month she'll feel too guilty to complain

Seriously though, she's gotten into them over the past few years... won't clean or do a WC, but she loves to look at them and the tank in the family area compliments the room soooo nicely... LOL

If that doesn't work... buy her some cockatiels to keep her company while you maintain the tanks

Definately though... get her involved, or at least interested

Jim
    ... Born under a Bad Sign ...

Registered Member

Talking Re: How to convince your spouse ;)

Thank you guys, now I have some ideas... formost is to get her involved I guess...

Well, w/cs and wiping are out of question...

No man No do not get her involved with the chores, that is one way to limit yourself. I have the same situation and I think I did real well considering my wife drove me 200 km to pick up fish and is even feedin em..

Whats the secret..

Act like they are nothing, you know pay more attention to your spouse. This is not a rouse to get what you want but in general in you are considerate and do the little things that we take for granted then things like tanks are not even an issue.

Do the things you had to do to go out with her in the first place... Now do them for the rest of your life and take pleasure in doing them.. Then when you ask for things the answer is always favourable.

I think you need to not be too obsesed with the hobby and pay attention to your loved ones too and when you learn to share your time equally between work, hobby and family, you will have no problems asking for upgrades.

Most of your spouses think another tank means alot less time spent with them. Well....; Corresct the situations and tryin to trick a woman is the DUMBEST thing a guy could ever do. Lets face it women were always smarter than us and your always gonna get caught and if you do........ then you will be up **** creek without a paddle to save your life...

Hope my 2 cents brought you some enlightenment.. LOL

Jas

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast