AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help Please!

Registered Member Kindredspirit's Avatar

Default Help Please!

Hey guys ~ I have lost the pH card that comes with my test kit and I am in need of the color....to see what my pH is in my African tank ~

Something is wrong ~

I tried to Google it but to no avail ~ does someone by any chance have a link that shows instantly all colored charts? I wld appreciate it so much!

Thanks!

Marie ~

Real Name
    Stud Muffin

Default Re: Help Please!

Whats the brand name Marie??

Tony

Oh good....

Thanks tony! um...it is large green box and it is Freshwater Master Test Kit... does that help? it comes with those little color chart cards....I have no idea what my pH is w/o that

oh Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Inc, out of canada....

M ~

Real Name
    Stud Muffin

Here it is....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tony I love you!! Dayum you are quick! Do you realize how many min were in between my request?? That is it! Thank you so much for real tho!

Only I can screw up an African tank man

I posted this in the Beginners Sec? wow ~ def trippin ya think? I will see if I can get Frank to move it for me ~ others may need it~

Banned

Marie, I'm not sure at what pH you keep your Africans but a lot hobbyists around here, me included for simplicty, keep them at 8.4. Good ole baking soda has a pH of 8.4 and it doesn't matter how much you put in it won't go any higher than that.....KH will keep right on going mind you

Graham,

Real Name
    Stud Muffin

Quote Originally Posted by Kindredspirit
    I tried to Google it but to no avail
    I did a google search.... Try images next time...

Tony I love you!!
    Beth said she's gonna kick your ***!!

Tony

They're not really discus tankmates, but they are not discus... so I figured I would move the post to this section.

Marie, what's wrong with your Africans?

Registered Member

I'm not sure what Tony posted but here are both of my AP pH color cards

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_S
    I did a google search.... Try images next time...

Beth said she's gonna kick your ***!!

Tony

Oh ******** guys! I do apologize ....I was thinking about that while I was rushing to report my parameters and doing a wc ...."what if this woman takes me seriously..." then I blew it off ~ I think ya knew....

IMAGES...yes! I was worried so I wasnt thinking....Thanks again Tony! And no I dont love your ***!

Marie ~

Quote Originally Posted by Graham
    Marie, I'm not sure at what pH you keep your Africans but a lot hobbyists around here, me included for simplicty, keep them at 8.4. Good ole baking soda has a pH of 8.4 and it doesn't matter how much you put in it won't go any higher than that.....KH will keep right on going mind you

Graham,

Hey Graham...8.4....I know that is ideal but Im afraid not for me....my tap water is 7.6 and all my tanks...it never changes....so when I sat up this tank my friend gave me some gravel that is suppose to raise the pH and I got some ....I forget...oh Crushed Coral rock to put in there....she said that 8 is idea for Africans but...not to worry about it?

My pH is 7.0...in that tank That is so not good huh? I think I may cry. This was suppose to be easier I have had the day from hell ~ and itz only 2ish here in Cali~

Thanks Graham~

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Smith
    They're not really discus tankmates, but they are not discus... so I figured I would move the post to this section.

Marie, what's wrong with your Africans?

I can not believe i posted this in the Beg Sec Ryan! I am sorry~ I was looking for it everywhere too ~

I dont know what is wrong ~
    I can not get on Sc and I just got on ACF after days ...remember I cleaned my computer well? .... so Mark and Deb are there and Barb ~ So.....okay Ryan check this out:

See the one in the pic ~ he stays there a lot and it seems his breathing is impaired a bit....and that is not like him nor will he go to the top of the tank Ryan! All these guys are like lil piranahs too! He doesnt really swim but floats

It all started last night when we saw one of the white ones....Socolofi? floating dead and the lil sh!ts were eating him Ryan! I swear! I had heard they do that...did they just attack him and TO eat him? This tank is right here....and I can see everything... Matt asked me if there was any aggression happening...other than the fact they ATE their peer..that'd be a no....I see nothing really but chasing...?

I did a wc and added Epsoms per Matt at AFC and he isnt hiding anymore like the pic...but...AND: I have cloudy issues again..Im tellin Ryan this tank is F* haunted man! I did take the parameters...obviously hence the thread.... But it clouds up so quick..just a slight haze ~ I do have it overstocked a bit...I was bad ....I told you remember?

And Thanks Larry!!!

Now arent ya glad you asked? I am sad....I am not going to feed them today cuz I was thinking perhaps I over feed? They are soooo hungry all the time ....

Thanks guys for always being here!!

Marie ~
    Last edited by Kindredspirit; 07-12-2006 at 05:37 PM.

Aww Marie... I cant say that I know what is going on, but the chasing is aggression. I dont think they killed him *just* to eat him. I hope you can figure out whats going on hun. That is strange the pH dropped so much. I wonder if that is what did it?

Amber
    Amber
    Proud single working mother of three.

Who in the hell knows ~

...and the funniest part Amber is that I have crushed coral and some special gravel that Deb gave me to UP the F* pH ~

I am afraid to turn on the light here in this tank ~ water looks pretty clear tho ~ so many are helping me at AFC ~ I love it there dont you? I finally got back on ~ thanks for that ~ still can't get on Sc tho ~

Tony was so quick in getting me that stupid pH card ~ and now his wife wants to kill me ~ Larry too ~ I was NOT in a good mood yesterday make no mistake about that ~

and it wasnt all FISH

M ~

Banned

Hey Graham...8.4....I know that is ideal but Im afraid not for me....my tap water is 7.6 and all my tanks...it never changes....so when I sat up this tank my friend gave me some gravel that is suppose to raise the pH and I got some ....I forget...oh Crushed Coral rock to put in there....she said that 8 is idea for Africans but...not to worry about it?

My pH is 7.0...in that tank That is so not good huh? I think I may cry. This was suppose to be easier I have had the day from hell ~ and itz only 2ish here in Cali~

Thanks Graham~

Nothing wrong with 7.6 as long as it stays there, which in this case it looks like it didn't...what are the KH numbers...sounds like it ran out

G

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast