AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Discus Eating Poop:undecided:

Default Discus Eating Poop

sometimes when they try to finish off pellets on the tank floor, i know they sometimes accidently gulp things that are not supposed to be eaten...but they do spit it out after they realize that its not a "soften pellet" lol. so awhile ago, one of my fish had feces dangling on its anus, and one came along and ate it, then another came aggressively trying to snatch it, til both fish are fighting over.....poop my fish are pulling off a "two girls one cup" scenario LOL

...should i be worried?? thanks so much

Last edited by gotfish?; 10-26-2008 at 02:34 AM.
    benedict

Default Re: Discus Eating Poop:undecided:

lol your funny...

but i wouldn't' be concerned, a few animals don't digest things as well as our stomaches do and sometime there are leftover nutrients that can still be processed.... gorillas do this (national geogaphics) i'm not 100% sure btu that is my guess....
    <3 kat

Real Name
    Mike

They know and they will spit it out. I wouldnt worry.

Quote Originally Posted by katt-ja View Post
    lol your funny...

but i wouldn't' be concerned, a few animals don't digest things as well as our stomaches do and sometime there are leftover nutrients that can still be processed.... gorillas do this (national geogaphics) i'm not 100% sure btu that is my guess....
    Your right but,

Cows eat poo as well...

Their is also a maximum amount of rat feces allowed in cereal...and depending where you live a certain amount of fecal coliforms in your tap water.

I know is disgusting but it is reality...poop is all around us
    When science and magic collide, the story begins.

As for the fish, just make sure you don't kiss them. And maybe you should feed them more, ya hear? Listen to your fish...
    Mark

My dog licks poop and I kiss my dog all the time.

It strengthens your immune system.
    Chaz

Registered Member

Too much information!

Quote Originally Posted by cyang View Post
    My dog licks poop and I kiss my dog all the time.

It strengthens your immune system.
    When science and magic collide, the story begins.

Quote Originally Posted by 1077 View Post
    Too much information!
    I'm with 1077....the barfing emoticons say it all don't ya think?

Chaz, you are in Antartica. Your dogs germs are frozen solid, so how can they be helping YOUR immune system, unless you're part husky?

Those fish must be hungry to be fighting over poop...what do you feed em? Seal meat?

Rox

I'm laughing & crying at the same time here...

Quote Originally Posted by Roxanne View Post
    I'm with 1077....the barfing emoticons say it all don't ya think?

Chaz, you are in Antartica. Your dogs germs are frozen solid, so how can they be helping YOUR immune system, unless you're part husky?

Those fish must be hungry to be fighting over poop...what do you feed em? Seal meat?

Rox

I'm laughing & crying at the same time here...
    im sorry, i intended this thread to be sorda funny...sorry for barfing i feed my fish very well, a min of 3 times a day...so that answers your "if im starving my fish" question
    benedict

Default Re: Discus Eating Poop

Quote Originally Posted by gotfish? View Post
    sometimes when they try to finish off pellets on the tank floor, i know they sometimes accidently gulp things that are not supposed to be eaten...but they do spit it out after they realize that its not a "soften pellet" lol. so awhile ago, one of my fish had feces dangling on its anus, and one came along and ate it, then another came aggressively trying to snatch it, til both fish are fighting over.....poop my fish are pulling off a "two girls one cup" scenario LOL

...should i be worried?? thanks so much

Eating poop is normal, but fighting over it is not. Good thing it's not Tapeworm they are eating.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed13 View Post
    Your right but,

Cows eat poo as well...

Their is also a maximum amount of rat feces allowed in cereal...and depending where you live a certain amount of fecal coliforms in your tap water.

I know is disgusting but it is reality...poop is all around us

You think poop is all thats in water !. I had to survery a public PARK next to a railroad the experts came and tested the water, There was a massive ammount of pollutants, The chemicals they use to soak the r/r beams had leached out into the drinking water causing sickness and who knows the long term effects. As far as poop in water there is FOR SURE. I survey all the time and i have to locate septic tanks and locate drainfield. And then the wells about 50 foot away from the septic. I know there has got to be poop getting into that drinking water. Chocolate milk anyone? LOL. Like everyone else said your fish know and even if they didnt havent you ever watched man vs wild? That joker straight eats poo with a smile on his face.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by gotfish? View Post
    im sorry, i intended this thread to be sorda funny...sorry for barfing i feed my fish very well, a min of 3 times a day...so that answers your "if im starving my fish" question
    No benedict, you didn't gross me out, the barfing emoticons are funny. I was referring to Chaz tongue kissing his husky...or am I misquoting him and embellishing this to make it funnier, though I don't know how I could make this funnier seeing as I haven't stopped laughing/crying about it for days now...you all owe me a box of tissues for letting this humour get out of hand!!! But, thanks for the heads up: I will never eat cereal again, or drink american water or pat chaz's husky, or tongue kiss a poopy eating discus!

Rox