AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My planted discus tank.

Registered Member

Default My planted discus tank.

All the discus are raised artificially by myself.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Default Re: My planted discus tank.

breathtaking! do you have any tank specifics? i'm surprised there isn't more peppering on those PB's. great work

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    breathtaking! do you have any tank specifics? i'm surprised there isn't more peppering on those PB's. great work
    Thanks,

The tank specifcs: CO2 injection, excel dosage once a week, 90g, temp 80F, PH 6.3, 11 discus, 30 other fishes, 25%-30% water changes once a week. I raise them from eggs. The fries were raised in a planted tank. They are used to this kind of water condition. It is a wonderful experience indeed.
    Last edited by rdlee; 10-25-2009 at 06:42 PM.

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by rdlee View Post
    Thanks,

The tank specifcs: CO2 injection, 90g, temp 80F, PH 6.3, 11 discus, 30 other fishes, 25%-30% water changes once a week. I raise them from eggs. The fries were raised in an planted tank. They are used to this kind of water condition. It is a wonderful experience indeed.
    very nice. i was just explaining to another member that there are some that have great success growing in a planted tank. do you have any more pics?

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Registered Member

very nice. i was just explaining to another member that there are some that have great success growing in a planted tank. do you have any more pics?
    They were showing some peppers at beginning. Then I change to a white background and see a lot less peppers.

Here are the pics:

The very first batch of babies are 11 months old now.

Registered Member Cooldadddyfunk286's Avatar

very very cool, I love checkerboard pigeons, and that planted tank is breathtaking! awesome job!
    -Jason-
    -------------------------

Some hard work there mate...great tank

Real Name
    Francis

Great job Richard and welcome to Simply Discus forum
    Grasshopper
    Francis

Registered Member

Good tank. good plants. good friendship discus and plants. congrls.

Murat ATAKARA

Real Name
    Ricardo

i love the time line pictures, thanks for sharing that with us. they have come a long way

Cafepress.com

Registered Member

rdlee,

That is a great tank! I am about to embark on a 90 gallon in-wall planted discus tank. Any gems of wisdom you can give to me? I have been reading up on planted discus tanks for about a year now. My tank is going into the wall in my den and is part of a renovation that I am doing. There is a room right behind the tank for the filter, sink, etc.. Thanks for anything you may share. Once again, great tank.

Tom
    from CT.

Real Name
    Rod Lewis

Great looking tank, very nice.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by TFH View Post
    rdlee,

That is a great tank! I am about to embark on a 90 gallon in-wall planted discus tank. Any gems of wisdom you can give to me? I have been reading up on planted discus tanks for about a year now. My tank is going into the wall in my den and is part of a renovation that I am doing. There is a room right behind the tank for the filter, sink, etc.. Thanks for anything you may share. Once again, great tank.

Tom
    from CT.
    I have use only one fluval 405 filter, and two power heads. I change 25% - 30% water once a week. I think the key to have a planted discus tank is the discus itself. My discuss are raised in a planted tank. So they are used to these water parameters.

Registered Member

You are right. In a planted tank, PB baesd discus will have peppers, the others will have the bars. A blue diamond discus will get dark. Even in our LFS, I saw the new PB based arrivals are flawless at beginning. After two weeks, I start to see they all have peppers. Some people don't mind about the bars and peppers cause they are natural. But I am still very interested in knowing anyone who has tried some strains of discus without seeing bars or peppers in a high tech planted tank.

Registered Member DiscusKeeper403's Avatar

Nice Discus. Interesting you raised them so big in a planted tank from so small. Have you always done a 25% w/c weekly even from the beginning?
    Take care,

Connor

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast