ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: non foam or glass tank divider??

Registered Member

Default non foam or glass tank divider??

Cant get Poret foam in Australia so I am trying to think of a way I can section off a couple of three foot tanks for breeding? I would like something that I can remove easily in case my needs change and I need more space.

Something that will allow water flow. Something low in cost :-)

I have access to netting and was thinking of a way to make a ridged frame work to hold the netting in place.

What can I use to make a frame to stretch/hold the netting tight? Has anyone ever done this before? Thinking of a rubber or silicon seal to make it tight.

Please help if you can as I do not know what materials I can use in a tank and not poison the fish,,,

Thanks

Grant

Registered Member jeff@zina.com's Avatar

Default Re: non foam or glass tank divider??

Quote Originally Posted by grantbudd74 View Post
    I have access to netting and was thinking of a way to make a ridged frame work to hold the netting in place.
    PVC pipe with a hose around it. Slit the hose and slide it on the frame. Your LFS probably also has dividers for your tank available.

Jeff

Registered Member

Default Re: non foam or glass tank divider??

hey Jeff

Do you mean stich the nettig to the PVC frame? I was thinking about making a frame out of pvc but it will have bends that will allow fry to swim under.

The tanks are 3x18x18

I would like to devise some kind of clamp that will hold the netting in place. I will use airline around the outside to hold the frame in place though.

thx