AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: marineland steath heaters

Registered Member

Default marineland steath heaters

I saw this over on planted tank, was caused by a steath heater. i always had problems with stealth heaters, and I'm glad i sold them, and went with ebo jagers.

"DON'T HOOK FISH,BUT GET HOOKED ON FISH.
    15 gallon (using for grow out)bare bottom discus tank,3 young juvies,4 fry.

Default Re: marineland steath heaters

I have 6 of those heaters each in a 60 gallon and never had that problem, maybe its just the tank.

I've never had a problem with my stealth pros. All 4 of them.

Registered Member

Here was the original posting of that picture/link
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...Stealth+heater

Read the whole thread, it includes Marine Lands restitution (More then VERY fair) and explanation of a bad lot series they are replacing.

Real Name
    Rick

I have had two of these heaters go bad, one within a matter of a week (lost my first discus due to these heaters, before I found this forum). It seems older stealths are fine, but they change manufactorers (marineland doesn't make them) from an Italian firm to a chinese firm, then the problems began. I would not trust my discus to any stealth heater........

http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums...d.php?t=224792

http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums...d.php?t=224795

Real Name
    Rick

Read the whole thread, it includes Marine Lands restitution (More then VERY fair) and explanation of a bad lot series they are replacing.
    In all fairness marineland restitution was very fair to me as well, however, reports are as more and more heaters fail, they are becoming less willing to provide restitution.......

Quote Originally Posted by JaredP View Post
    Here was the original posting of that picture/link
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...Stealth+heater

I've had these heaters for several years and only recently had to replace one as it was putting a leakage voltage into the tank. About 10 volts. Marineland replaced it no questions asked with a newer model. Great service.

Real Name
    Rick

I've had these heaters for several years and only recently had to replace one as it was putting a leakage voltage into the tank. About 10 volts. Marineland replaced it no questions asked with a newer model. Great service.
    The thing is, the problem is not with the old heaters, it is with the newer models. Toyota's were some of the best cars around for many years, now even they have issues.............

Real Name
    Matt

Yes, it seems to be their new version of the stealth that is having some problems. I switched to Jagers myself and havn't had a problem. But to Marineland's defense I did use stealths sucessfully for years before I went to Jagers.
    -Matt

I have had the old stealths ones and the new ones and have had the usual heater problems . All heaters have problems . I am sticking with Marineland , their professional and excellent customer service . I really do like their products.

Roberto.

Registered Member

I traded my old ones in as they were not maintaining temp, I had them set on max and they wouldnt get above 72. Marine land gave me replacements for both no questions asked. I gotta say their service is great and that to me means something.

Registered Member diamond_discus's Avatar

All equipment would eventually have problem .. I used both Stealth and Jagar ... and I have bad heaters from either brand .. Stealth has life time warranty while Jagar has 3 years ..

Real Name
    Rick

All equipment would eventually have problem .. I used both Stealth and Jagar ... and I have bad heaters from either brand .. Stealth has life time warranty while Jagar has 3 years ..
    Agreed, however I have had two stealth pro's fail within two weeks of purchase, does't exactly inspire confidence.......

Registered Member roundfishross's Avatar

when i set up my fish house i bought 15+ and six ot them exploded within the first two months,returned every one to dfs for credit

I had two 250w heaters for about four years. Last weekend I noticed a slight drop in my tank temp. Reached in to raise the temp. and received a nice shock. Pulled out a volage meter to determine the source. Sure enough it was one of the stealths. Raised the temp on the one I thought was good and it was dead. Sent them back after contacting Marineland and waiting on replacements. The ones I returned were from Italy and I'm sure I will get Chinese product back.

I tried the stealth pros recently on another tank I set up because I liked the lighted dial feature. One of the two required pliers to adjust the dial one submerged. Contacted them about it as they were easily adjusted out of the box...dry. I told them that air bubbles leaked from around the dial knob when first submerged and I thought that it might be a seal issue. They could not explain but did send a relacement right out. It does seem to be more easily adjustable when wet. Only time will tell.

Joe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast