AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: Cool new Air Stone...

Real Name
    Phil

Default Cool new Air Stone...

I rarely do this, as far as product reviews or weigh-ins - however, I thought this little guy was pretty cool and I figured I would let you guys know.

I wanted to add some more air and surface movement to my tank and another air pump. I love my sleek no wires look lately and was dreading adding a stone or wand or something crappy looking with tubing all over the place. I started to search for black or grey colored air stones figuring that it would camouflage it. I have one of those big blue disc like stones that I use in my aging drum as well as in hospital tanks and what not. But the color stood out like a sore thumb in my wild tank.

I came across this guy : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...0?ie=UTF8&th=1

It comes in various sizes, I only got the 40x100mm, it is a nice black color and has a cool barbell sort of shape that fits nice up in the corner of my aquarium and you can barely see it....

Default Re: Cool new Air Stone...

$8.99 is a bundle for an air stone. I'm happy with my Asian air stones.
    Mama Bear

Registered Member

I wish i would of bought 100's of those older "tetra" green plastic nonstone airstones. I have two of the 1" from the 1980's they never wear out and clean up in a jiffy. They also came in 2" and 5" There are others similar now being sold but I don't need a rainbow of colors just something that blends in.

Real Name
    Willie

I attach air stones to all my sponge filters, so that I get more aeration without adding more airlines to my tank.
    At my age, everything is irritating.