AquaticSuppliers.com     Cafepress Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IS there somebody who can ship to Turkmenistan, Ashgabat? I want to buy discus asap.

Registered Member

Default Re: IS there somebody who can ship to Turkmenistan, Ashgabat? I want to buy discus as

Good idea posting on BIDKA. I hopew something good happens.

Registered Member

Default Re: IS there somebody who can ship to Turkmenistan, Ashgabat? I want to buy discus as

Nothing yet...i guess i cant get discus for now

I wouldn't give up yet, but seriously, you're in a part of the world that may make it a lot more challenging. I'm not very familiar with Turkmenistan... but I am with neighboring countries. Still, that should not prevent you from being able to import them. You may just have to do more of the leg work for someone willing to export them to you. So you could look into one of two things first, or simultaneously: (1) who's willing to ship and (2) Turkmensitan regulations for importing livestock, airlines/courriers from exporter to you, etc.
    -Elliot

Registered Member

Pastry:
    Dont know... I already decreased temperature in my tank to 27 degrees i was keeping it at thirty for months waiting for discus. There are quite a few fish shops here, iknow they import from asia and russia, poland, europe, i know owners of some- this means there is no problem importing into my country. But they sell expensive, and they are mostly businessmen, not like discus breeders.. So i was hoping to get in touch with a high quality breeder, get the fish, learn how to care from him/her, you know.. Guess i was to ambitious, now i think i will have to spend big $$$, and go with mediocre discus fish they can get me.. Sucks for me, but what can you do..

Shoot, if they import from all of those places then there's no reason that you can't get fish that you want. So what about the temperature of the tank, you'd be able to get it back up. Let's put it this way, nothing good comes without a little hard work. If you figure out how to get those fish to you, then you end up with a pair, in-turn you possibly raise some quality little ones, then you just became a sole source to those same "businessmen" LFS's. So don't go through them (the LFS) but keep looking for a direct/indirect source. Several of the suppliers here deal with exporters from Asia and Europe. I'm assuming most exporters (breeders/exporters) would rather sell wholesale but I'm sure with your circumstances that at LEAST one will be willing to help you out.

Look at the list of each supplier/sponsor on here and just shoot them a PM to see if maybe their breeders/exporters would be interested in helping you out. That'd make for a great story, challenge, and simply something awesome that one person could do for another. After this, if you still don't want to bother with it anymore, that's fine... but I think it's definitely feasible; you'll just have to put out more feelers directly to the sources... not just within this thread. Many of those guys & gals are busy busy busy and you literally have to stand under their noses at times (figure of speech, but go directly to them and not post a thread hoping they'll come to you). Just give it shot!
    Last edited by pastry; 10-18-2013 at 12:31 PM.
    -Elliot

Registered Member

Thank you pastry, you put me back on the trail. It isjust that i sent numerous emails to lots of breeders, some wont reply at all, some say no..

Wth your encouragement i will try some more.

no prob! I just think it'd be awesome to have a discus keeper in Turkmensitan. it's crazy to see how many countries these fish are being kept. now, as for hearing back from breeders, it took me several weeks at times to hear back from some breeders in the past due to them being busy and pure timing. it's almost like trying to find the perfect balance of being patient and proactive.

Here's an old thread started by forrest http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...hlight=Forrest

Click on his name and choose to send him a PM. He may or may not be able to ship to you but just briefly tell him your circumstances and ask him if he knows of any other Malaysian exporters that could help you out in case he's not able to export to you. Forrest is a very busy man but he's a good dude.
    -Elliot

Registered Member

Ok will do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12