ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: So we have a New Project Here at SimplyDiscus

Default So we have a New Project Here at SimplyDiscus

We have a new project at SimplyDiscus ! For lack of a Better name its called the "Photo of the Month Club" . I brought it for discussion here....

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...t-this-project

And had a few bites, but it was luke warm at best for feedback, but sometimes an Administrator of a Forum has to go with their Gut and just do it and hope for the best. I think its a cool Idea and could be something people would enjoy, but who knows. The basic idea is this... Each Month we will showcase images that are posted by members that we think are great, interesting, different, unique, funny etc. We aren't looking necessarily for photos taken professionally, more like photos that speak to us in the way only a picture can. Our Moderators will be on the look out for pictures and all members can also nominate images... If a Moderator nominates your picture, they will actually post it in your thread.. If you as a member nominate someone, We encourage you to do the same. The way to nominate someone is easy. Just pm a moderator or Admin and give them the link and post number and name of who ever posted the picture. They will then add the pic to the list for the month that we are keeping under top secret lock and Key in a room protected by a 3 headed hellhound. At the end of the month we will post the list publically and you all get to vote an pick the best. I think we may have to possibly do some screening ( randomly) for the voting if theres too many entries, but we will still list them all .

Heres an example..

Brew posts this image somewhere on Simply...

IMGP4047as.jpg
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 07-30-2018 at 05:24 PM.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>I am a science guy.. show me the science minus the BS

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Default Re: So we have a New Project Here at SimplyDiscus

It sits in Simply Land just begging for someone to notice it and comment on it. It waits and waits and finally someone looks at it whose fingers work and they actually have this thing for Egyptian history. The image strikes a cord deep inside them and they love it ! (Acme_discus is weird that way...really likes ancient history and mythology) So Acme decides to let everyone know that he thinks its an awesome picture even if its not even discus! He knows he can contact any moderator by pm and in this case its Moderator Adam thats contacted.. Acme PM s Adam, and say something like..

>"Hey Adam, I want to nominate an Image that Brew Just posted.. Its located here...(* Acme gives Link for the thread)...http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...t-SimplyDiscus post number ( acme gives post number), I really love the way the statue looks off into eternity and I love the beautiful tones and shadows."

Adam then adds the image to the list in that dangerously dark and secure room guarded by the 3 headed hellhound.

Acme then goes to the original thread the picture was posted in and posts...

"Hey Brew, You've been Nominated for the Photo of the Month Club!!! That Image Rocks !!" or something like that.
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 07-30-2018 at 10:50 PM.
    AquaticSuppliers.com Freeze Dried BlackWorms and other foods your Discus will Love!!!

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Registered Member

"Hey Brew, Acme_Discus here, I just gotta say I love that image, so much so that I nominated you for the photo of the month Club! Good Luck and thanks for sharing."

-Acme out
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 07-30-2018 at 10:50 PM.

Brew responds, "Thanks Acme, This is incredible, I actually got nominated for this! I have been waiting forever for someone to recognize this masterpiece."....Okay thats a little thick. I think I would probably say , " hey thanks, appreciate it , and glad you like it."
    Last edited by brewmaster15; 07-30-2018 at 05:26 PM.

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Back to the project,... At this point we are largely ready to go. The moderators have made some nominations for July. We could really use more. If you see an image you like, take 2 seconds and private message any moderator with the link and post number and we will do the rest. You can include what you like about the picture. Then go to the thread and tell the nominated member that you liked the image and nominated it. You need not do this, but it would be super cool if you did.

questions?

al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Administrator and MVP Dec.2015 Second Hand Pat's Avatar
    Real Name
    Pat

Crack me up Al, but seriously this could be a fun project so everybody please ask any questions you might have!!
    Pat
    Your discus are talking to you....are you listening

Real Name
    Ricardo

lol, i thought i was behind the scenes for a sec Al, lol with your Dr. Jekyll and Hyde act lol. I'm assuming we can pull from any section of the forum?

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rickztahone View Post
    lol, i thought i was behind the scenes for a sec Al, lol with your Dr. Jekyll and Hyde act lol. I'm assuming we can pull from any section of the forum?
    Yes sir! As long as the image was posted in The Month we are working on.. ex, July for this one.

We will do this every month.

al

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Real Name
    Ricardo

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    Yes sir! As long as the image was posted in The Month we are working on.. ex, July WE will do this every month.

al
    sounds fun! I just came from a 3 day camping trip and took my small P&S. Might just post some in the open section if i have any good ones of the landscape. For the most part, i only remember taking pics of the family and not so much of the surrounding area.

Click here to view my 75g Acrylic Tank w/ Bean Animal Overflow with 40g Sump Thread

Also, click here for my 25 group of discus grow out thread

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/162117...ht=75&width=75
    Want to look like Al did at his ACA talk with his white Simply Polo shirt?(You can catch Al's awesome Discus talk HERE)
    You can get this and many more items such as T-shirts/Polos/hoodies/cups from our merchandise shop:
    Cafepress.com

July 2018 Photo submissions are live ...vote here...
    http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...se-vote)/page2

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Since this August now, we are currently taking nominations now for the month of August.

HOW TO NOMINATE

Find an Image that you really like thats been posted in the Month we are in, EX.. August pics. Contact a moderator by Pm with the Thread address.. Example..

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...er-First-Order

Include the post number..

Example in the thread above... POST # 3

How we do this, Pm mod , Steve in this case..

Hey Steve,

I want to nominate a picture for August. I really like the one that fljones3 posted here..

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...er-First-Order

Its the one in Post # 3

Thanks,
    member name.

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com