AquaticSuppliers.com     Golden State Discus

Thread: How hard is it on females always breeding?

Registered Member

Default How hard is it on females always breeding?

I really hate to admit this but lost one of my breeding females last night. She has been laying eggs almost non stop since January.. I had her in a tank of her own trying to get her back in shape but bought some new fish and needed her tank for quarantine. She layed eggs with one of my males almost immediately upon putting her back with the main group. Noticed she started to get hth tried having my wife apply some methylene blue to the infected area, wich she applied to much and it wasn't good. Please be kind, I feel horrible she was my favorite. But I think she was really stressed from always laying eggs and when she wasn't laying she was miserable. I know now if I get another female like her I will separate and leave her be away from any males. She was very aggressive towards other females so not sure a female only tank would work. What have any of you done in similar situations?

Default Re: How hard is it on females always breeding?

Sorry you lost her.. dont worry.. you wont get berated. You obviously tried to help the fish but it didnt work out. Meth Blue isnt really a good choice for HITH but I don't think that was the killer. To treat HITH you really need to try and determine the cause. It can be caused by many things. Its hard to know really what I would have done differently without really seeing the fish and beong there. Keep that in mind when you read other replies to questions like this. The devil really is in the details. My best advice is to use the disease board here if you are up against something you dont know how to handle. Sometimes having multiple eyes going over the details can better ID things.
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>Want a great forum? Participate in it and make one.. it doesnt happen on its own...

we need help..

https://forum.simplydiscus.com/showt...and-Hard-Place

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images