ChicagoDiscus.com     Cafepress Store

Thread: Current Favorite Beer?

Default Current Favorite Beer?

Its that time of year that just really screams out "beer" for some of us. The weather is heating up.Theres yardwork, gardening,family get togethers etc. if you are a beer lover,whats your current favorite beer? For me this time of year has me reaching for a nice hazy ale... my favorite is Headway by Counter Weight.. crisp and fresh tasting IPA.

0526241605_HDR~2.jpg

A close second is Seahag or Facehugger by New England Brewing co. No idea where craft beers get their names from but these are my go to on hot day or social event.

How about you?
    AquaticSuppliers.comFoods your Discus will Love!!!

>>>>>Want a great forum? Participate in it and make one.. it doesnt happen on its own...

we need help..

https://forum.simplydiscus.com/showt...and-Hard-Place

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

I take Pics.. click here for my Flickr images

Real Name
    Dave

Default Re: Current Favorite Beer?

nice.

our local brewery which had a tap wall closed suddenly so now I have to go to the next town over to a tap house to get beer and cider.
    My preference is Porters, Heavy Ales, and Stouts.
    God is the artist, he merely allows me to see and capture his work . http://davesphotography7055.zenfolio.com/ coupon code: angelfish
    some of my work accepted by Pentax (the camera bodies I use): http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/davidgray

My favorite T-shirt.

Screenshot_20240526-213828~2.jpg

>>>>>Want a great forum? Participate in it and make one.. it doesnt happen on its own...

we need help..

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Real Name
    Tom

Being on Long Island we’ve got at least 20 different breweries running. So as to a favorite it’s just what ever is available. Today I’m drinking an equilibrium from Middletown NY IMG_3353.jpg Love the IPAs. But they do seem to have a new one every week . I’ve drank a few IMG_3354.jpgIMG_3355.jpg

Real Name
    Jacob

I don't drink alcohol, but I do make mead and melomel.

My favorite beer ever is some homemade ginger beer that I made several years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by jwcarlson View Post
    I don't drink alcohol, but I do make mead and melomel.

My favorite beer ever is some homemade ginger beer that I made several years ago.
    Jacob, I love mead. I used to make it alot here. As a matter of fact I still have several bottles my from best batch ever thats been ageing in the frig now since 2005.Have a bottle a year... only have 6 left. Time to start a batch.

0527240552_HDR~2.jpg

we need help..

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Registered Member + MVP danotaylor's Avatar
    Real Name
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by jwcarlson View Post
    Jacob have you ever tried Bundaberg Ginger Beer? It’s from Queensland Australia where I grew up. It’s actually available at Kroger of all places. Very tangy, great on a hot summers day! Also as a non-EtoH beverage drinker, it’s definitely my fav beer!

Real Name
    Brian

My favorite for many years has been Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale. Since it's only produced for about one month at Christmas time, I pick up about 5 cases and nurture it the other 11 months of the year.

Another favorite is their Bigfoot Ale. It's a barleywine ale that starts off very bitter and mellows to a pretty sweet beer with hoppy overtones. After about 4 years I use them in my bbq sauce and marinades. I always save one from the pack and I had them dating back to 1995 and was going to drink it next year because i wanted to see what a 30 year old barleywine taste like. Unfortunately, that won't happen because my mother was staying with me for a short time and felt she needed a beer. Out of 30 beers in my fridge, which one do you think she found? Yeah, that didn't go over well

bigfoot logo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jeep View Post
    My favorite for many years has been Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale. Since it's only produced for about one month at Christmas time, I pick up about 5 cases and nurture it the other 11 months of the year.

Another favorite is their Bigfoot Ale. It's a barleywine ale that starts off very bitter and mellows to a pretty sweet beer with hoppy overtones. After about 4 years I use them in my bbq sauce and marinades. I always save one from the pack and I had them dating back to 1995 and was going to drink it next year because i wanted to see what a 30 year old barleywine taste like. Unfortunately, that won't happen because my mother was staying with me for a short time and felt she needed a beer. Out of 30 beers in my fridge, which one do you think she found? Yeah, that didn't go over well

bigfoot logo.jpg
    thats too funny Brian.

I have a bit of dilemma here now. My son turns 21 in 2 weeks. He is leaving friday for a month in spain to study spanish abroad. When he returns he has requested I make him a batch of homebrew. I havent brewed in several years here... So now I need to dig out my brewing equipment and turn out a homebrew for him.Problem Is I know he wont like what I would like. Im guessing I will do a basic ale.. either that or a coffee stout as he is a coffee shop junkie."No pressure Dad.. " yeah right.

we need help..

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com

Real Name
    Jake

I'd have to say I don't have any particular favorite style of beer, although I don't typically find myself ordering porters or stouts very often. There are a lot of craft breweries around where I live, so I'll typically grab an IPA, lager, or sour depending on what tickles my fancy at the time. A friend also does homebrewing and works as a master brewer for one of the local craft places as well so there's always plenty to sample for free. One beer I don't think many have heard of which I'm a big fan of is the Kentucky Common - if that's on the menu, I will almost exclusively order it.

Hard to recommend something for a new 21-yr old. I'd probably stay away from hoppier types like IPAs. I started out drinking light beers, and then just trying things as I went around with friends. A coffee stout for a coffee lover could be a good idea. Depending on tastes, could also try a fruit beer/sour or a brown ale.

Sorry Tequila is my thing but as a chaser I would have Modelo Negra

1000001944.jpg
    Just Call Me Chuck

Disclaimer : I am an old man and all this information is from the top of my head so any mistakes noted I claim the 5th

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by brewmaster15 View Post
    thats too funny Brian.

I have a bit of dilemma here now. My son turns 21 in 2 weeks. He is leaving friday for a month in spain to study spanish abroad. When he returns he has requested I make him a batch of homebrew. I havent brewed in several years here... So now I need to dig out my brewing equipment and turn out a homebrew for him.Problem Is I know he wont like what I would like. Im guessing I will do a basic ale.. either that or a coffee stout as he is a coffee shop junkie."No pressure Dad.. " yeah right.
    Al
    Go to the local grocery store and get a 6 pk of Bud. Re bottle it in one of your bottles. All done .
    Jay

Registered Member

Also I can't believe he is 21.I guess the old saying is true.
    By the way my favorite beer is Merlot, malbec and pino noir.
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by brady View Post
    Al
    Go to the local grocery store and get a 6 pk of Bud. Re bottle it in one of your bottles. All done .
    Jay
    lmao Jay ...

we need help..

Al Sabetta
    Simplydiscus LLC Owner
    Aquaticsuppliers.com